MINI Cooper Forum banner

Happy with my new MINI Cooper S, but...

758 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Caveman 
#1 · (Edited)
Took possession of my 2008, 42k MINI Cooper S today. And it was a thrill to drive. It was used, and I kinda failed to ask if it had 2 key fobs and it only had one. The dealer didn't tell me that until after I signed everything. I had no idea they were so expensive to replace!

Dealer also said the tire pressure light doesn't turn off because my car has custom tires (installed by previous owner). Is that true? Honestly, they seem pretty good, but these oversights are a bit much and it's hard to believe anyone with financial angles these days. Will have to take it to a mechanic again to assure they repaired the serpentine belt and tie rod that was found on my own mechanics safety check. Then off to Hartford Mini to get a key, which I will pay for. "Things you should ask about before you negotiate." might be an excellent topic.

But these seem to be minor things. I am really enjoying this car. It's like no other. If I designed cars, I would have designed this. I had more fun in a half hour of my MINI Cooper S than I did in 10 years of owning a Toyota Prius. Which I spent 2.5x the amount fro. Reliability is important, but it's not all important. :) Time to have some fun!

So, doing a quick search of Google, I'm at:
$80 mats
$140-280 for a spare key fob
$150 tire pressure gauge (not even sure if it's broken or not)
= $510 And this is only day 1.
Like I mentioned, I took possession of the car today, I'm enjoying it, but I kinda feel a little naive.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Dealer also said the tire pressure light doesn't turn off because my car has custom tires (installed by previous owner). Is that true?
If your US MINI was built August 2007 or later the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) will have direct monitoring (using data from sensors inside the wheels at the base of the valve stem). Most likely there are no sensors in the aftermarket wheels, either because the wheels wouldn't accommodate them or the previous owner didn't bother to fit them.

Auto part
Plumbing fixture

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.