MINI Cooper Forum banner

Desperately need some expert advice

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  whaap 
#1 ·
Hey everyone ! my name is Simon Dunford I live in Canada (Ontario to be specific) and I own a 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman.

I love my baby, it's my second car and I have always loved minis, so when I bought it I didn't do much research about the issues with it. I was quite upset when the car started to present problems, I lost my license for nearly a year for poor maintenance of my diabetes and the car had to sit in a driveway over the winter, ever since there has been nothing but problems.

a cylinder misfired, which was fixed, then there was an internal water leak in passenger door frame, apparently 2 of the computers fried - a $1800 fix :serious:

now the car isn't the same as it was, the rear barn doors are currently zip tied because the fuse is messed, and I feel like the leak is starting to fry the computer again, the mechanic said he welded the inside of the door to prevent the water from reaching the internal computer, but water is starting to puddle under the mats when it rains.

before things worsen or more problems arise, I'd like some advice for what to do from here. .... I love my mini so much, and don't want to drive anything else.

the car has 124,000 KM. or 77,050 Miles, I had it appraised at a dealership for $5200 (CAD) and paid over $15,000 for it :crying:

I'm lost and confused about what to do at this point ....

Please give me some advice - I feel like I'm loosing so much money and the car has so many issues.

Sorry to start off introducing myself with problems....

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welding things on the door won't fix sealing issues (unless you have big holes where they shouldn't be) There are numerous holes by design in the lower edge of the door to ensure water that gets by the top edge felt seal (at the lower edge of the door glass) drains outside the car.

Water in the footwell points to a either a sealing problem with the door seals (or the plastic sheet inside the door not being positioned correctly) , or a problem with the windscreen seals, or water in the heater inlet. For the latter look at item 4 on this link*. It drains condensate away from the aircon evaporator and if blocked then water, either condensate or water that gets into the heater inlet will eventually get into the footwell.

To test use a hosepipe and apply it at various points on the vehicle, around the door, around the windscreen, around the heater inlet under the windscreen.

Can't post links but google realoem.com MINI R56 Cooper Housing parts, heater and air condit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.