MINI Cooper Forum banner

Hi all, BIG transformation for my wife's new Mini

709 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dpbayly 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Well my wife has had VW Beetles for the past 10 years and last Saturday she decided she wanted something new and the mini is perfect for her so popped the beetle up for sale Saturday am sold it Saturday PM bought the Mini Sunday am and started ripping it apart Sunday pm ready for it's respray this Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I was going to write a long post with pictures showing my progress but It's a faff when I cant link to my Photobucket so I wont post any pics till I've reached my 15 posts.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and to introduce myself.

I'm a mechanic of 16yrs and I've always worked at a very busy little village garage that's been about for over 40 yrs and is well respected.

I'm fortunate that I have my own Keys to the workshop and spray booth so I'm always there working on my own cars, I'm in the spray booth the whole of the end of the week for the Mini's new coat.

So I'll keep the post updated once I can post linked pictures from my Photobucket.

See less See more
#3 ·
I cant wait to show it....

Just 12 more posts to go.....

It's a pain as I don't like posting for the heck of it as I hate it when other people do it, so I have to look about and see where my mechanical and bodywork experience can help others and post there.....

#6 ·
I'll be finishing the keying of the panels today and I'll be getting it masked up and in the spray booth ready for the first process of painting tomorrow

This isn't a normal colour change paint job that would never do for my wife so it's a bit special.....

Pic's to follow as soon as I can link them to my photobucket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.