MINI Cooper Forum banner

Hello everyone

672 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  lshines 
#1 ·
Just registered, etc. From the Richmond, VA area. I've been nuts about the Mini since it first came out. I and a friend use to race a classic mini back in the 1960's in local autocross. I'm TRYING to afford to get a new Mini - issues with the wife, you understand. But SOON! I've probably looked at every used Mini in the area, and of course new ones, have exactly what I want in my head. Isn't there some sort of scholarship available to help Mini-enthusiasts buy one? Until then, I'll dream, and lurk here if y'all don't mind.

Linwood

#5 ·
Thanks, everyone. Yes, it is a very good resource. I've been reading as much as I can - great learning. My original desires were for a R53, but haven't been able to find one in this area that I can rely on for a long term ownership, so I'm setting my sights on a '15 - '16. And, wife disagreement on having such a small car have existence too (she would rather have the largest vehicle on the road - just to be safe....). My motivation, of course, is enjoying motoring, lots of twisties, go-cart feelings, etc. But in reality, I'll still need a "truck" for practicality (and her big vehicle). So, I have to be able to justify the "toy", as she puts it. But, I will!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.