MINI Cooper Forum banner

A Very Old Newbie

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  chillax 
#1 ·
Hi I started looking to replace my Volvo C70 three months ago we needed a newer car soft top only option & I tried loads & I couldn't fit or sit comfortable in a lot of them until I sat in a mini
So the task was on to look for a decent one
& Oh is there a load of C**p out there loads of minis with N14 & N18 engines about to drop the timing chain so after reading from the Knowledgeable people here I went for a R52
Picked it up Four weeks ago & Two weeks into ownership the first thing I've done was get rid of the Run Flats (the car wouldn't stay in line it hopped skipped & jumped at speed around bends)not like how I remembered minis used to be (first mini was a 998 Cooper 1968)
Now after I fitted Avons it's like I'm on rails driving over the same roads
& last week I fitted a Dab radio so I can enjoy my music
& I've just ordered led halo side lights can't wait for them to come

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome mate! Not long bought my first "new" mini (had a 1978 mini back in the 90's) which is an r56 with the n series engine. Not had any faults engine related so far (fingers crossed!). One of the most fun wee cars ive ever owned, and thats coming from a 2008 civic typeR! Enjoy your new mini and enjoy the site!

#7 ·
I had a classic mini for a week!

A sore back and head coupled with the fact I had to drive with my knees wrapped around my ears meant I only had her for a week[emoji23]

And Every time she hit a pothole I hit my head on the roof and shattered my spine grr[emoji35]

[emoji11]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.