MINI Cooper Forum banner

New Owner

538 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Milpol 
#1 ·
I am the new owner of a 2005 Mini cooper S. I bought it used, so I did not do a lot of the modifications, but I'm learning as I go about working on Minis. I love working on cars and motorcycles so I'm having a lot of fun with the car. As far as I can tell, the car has these Mods: Some carbon fiber trim pieces, aftermarket fog/rally lights, Alta Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow (catback I think) exhaust, Enkei Wheels, what appears to be Spec-D LED taillights, and some sort of lowering springs (my friend thinks they're coilovers but I can't find any adjustment so I'm sticking with lowering springs.)

So far I love my Mini, it's a blast to drive and I'm getting similar mileage (while having a lot more fun), than my old 5 cyl volvo, so I'm very happy.

I have two questions though
1. I have the "Brake" light on on the dash (the one that comes on with the E-brake), and occasionally the ASC light. As far as I can tell this is a wheel speed sensor issue? Any way to confirm or figure out which one?

2. The aftermarket (I believe Spec-D) LED Taillights I think are the culprit to a random turn signal "hyperflash". It seems to come and go as it pleases. I've tried jiggling the wiring, reattaching the balasts, and removing the battery for a half hour to reset the system, nothing has worked so far. Would this be a resistor issue or a problem with the BCM?

I'll attach a picture of my car, thanks in advance for the help. Let me know if I need to repost elsewhere on the forum.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ref the Brake light/ASC check your brake pads for wear as one the brake sensor is triggered it will throw those lights. Front Left and Rear Right. Ref the LED tail lights, make sure the globes are CANBUS globes, non CANBUS will throw a code or act erratically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.