MINI Cooper Forum banner

529 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ginkgo 
#1 ·
Hi All

Just purchased my first Cooper and had a few questions, happy to be part of the forum and very excited to be a Cooper owner.

1. Is there a oil pump that runs after the engine is shut off ? mine is a S model

2. Is the water pump electric ?

3. My windows are fogging up more often then any other car I have ever owned - is this a regular occurrence for a Clubman ?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
In answer to question 3, check for leaks from the heater matrix. My R52 was fogging up and then it started to spurt steam in to the car!!! Check the front footwells for water. I found the passenger side (RHD car) was saturated.

You will also get low coolant levels too.

MiniAlf

#5 ·
Hi,
As far as I'm aware, the only thing that should run on for a few minutes after the engine is switched off is the cooling fan. Easy to check, just pop the bonnet and have a look!
Only other thing I've had continue to run like that on my r53 was the steering pump and it eventually caught fire:( so best to check it out.

Btw, the cooling fan is right at the front, behind the radiator. The steering pump fan is underneath behind the engine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.