MINI Cooper Forum banner

Hi from Plymouth

667 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
1st mini bought a couple of weeks ago. 2nd hand 2010 R56 Cooper D in chilli red with black roof, chilli pack, red and black 1/2 leather with red stripe on dash. She's called 'Scarlet Fever. ?
Already had the Ecu remapped from 112 to 147bhp and from 199 to 270 ftlb torque. Very pleased so far. She's a 2nd car so a toy to go along with my motorcycle.

I drive a coach for National express mainly Plymouth to London or Plymouth Penzance.

Kevin

#3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. 155 views and your the first to reply :eeksurprise:

Didn't know they had MINIs down under. We're coming back out again to Brisbane and Townsville QLD in November/December.

Have tried to post pics as I am experienced on other forums but there is a minimum post limit before I can post pics.

#8 ·
Very nice indeed and will no doubt be a lot comfier than your coach lol. These things get fantastic MPG's and I have 2 Doopers. The only reason why I bought a Generation 2 was because of its engine, had it been petrol I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole!

Service these engines every 6000 miles and they will run forever. My Dooper is sitting on 135,000 and the wife's one is on about 54,000 now. She has done 34,000 in the car and all I've done is service it and put pads/ disks all round on it. It only shat itself once when the intercooler top hose split and it took out the MAF sensor but the MAF was covered by BMW and they couldn't fix the intercooler pipe because they didn't know it was split so I had to fix that myself after tearing them a new bumhole

#9 ·
The coaches I can drive for hours :)

I like the 2nd gens; I never buy the 1st gen of anything (especially cr apple) :)

It was the interior of Scarlet that attracted me to her. MPG is about 45. Not as good as my brand new Citigo but much more of a premium car and loads more smiles per gallon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.