MINI Cooper Forum banner

First mini, 05\06 cooper S

641 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DavyMcray 
#1 ·
Hey yall!

Bought my first mini about 3 months ago for some fun as my other car is a family waggon.
Although i love her "loud ****" as we all refer to her as.
Comes from names we call our dogs. Little **** is our pup and so is the mini.
Just for reference my lab is called Black ***** and the family waggon is White *****.

Anyway back on with the topic at hand.

Loud **** is a complete pain in that backside. She has become more than a fun car to drive though.
Since owning her i have fitted drilled and grooved discs and new pads. Two new rear callipers, 17 degree SC pulley and platinum plugs.
Cold air induction kit.
JCW split rims & a scorpion cat back stainless exhaust.

Although when fitting the pulley this weekend i found a huge oil leak behind the engine. Now i have read up on the topic a fair bit and that's how I found this forum.

The oil filter seal rocker gasket & sump gasket could be the cause.

However i have been having trouble with clutch slippage before the upgrades at 3-4 k under hard acceleration. It maybe in my mind but it seems to be all over the place now.

My one question if you have any idea is........ Can the oil leak be causing this? Contaminating the clutch in any way? As I am wanting to upgrade the clutch and flywheel later in the year. So could new gaskets and a jet wash help prolong the slippage or is it a case of full rebuild and new clutch in one?

The oil is from top to bottom at the rear of the engine.

Regards

D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.