MINI Cooper Forum banner

592 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
Wanted to intro myself and find out some info on my car. The body style and ageless design have always been a favorite so I just purchased it this Sat for my wife and I. I love the way it handles however, I am just wondering if the suspension couldn't be a little more quiet and less jarring. I know that RFT tires make the ride more jarring on the body. Any suggestions on better struts or shocks? Also trying to figure out the body style and all the different configurations. Is the info part of the VIN# or a website I can go to find out the info? Last item I would like to know is which Car Manual is the best to use on repairs and general info?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The best manual is the Bentley however the Haynes covers most things but its not as technical as the Bentley. RF's do make a harsh ride but this doesn't put me off, I actually quite like it plus I have a classic mini and that is very harsh lol. With regards to suspension, I just stick with stock as these are more than adequate. Your main priority with your car is regular oil changes, every 5000 miles as your engine isn't the best. Also keep an eye on your oil level and check it weekly, don't let it run low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.