MINI Cooper Forum banner

Recommended Parts and Outlets for Discs/Pads/Sensors 2007 R56 Cooper S

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  minione2002 
#1 ·
Hi there :)

My 2007 R56 Cooper S (face lift model - 30 March 2007) automatic has just had its MOT and also a service. The MOT advises the front discs are on MFR min limit and the rear discs are corroded on inner braking surface. The car is fitted with green pads, and the front are 10mm and the rear are 8mm.

I've not been advised to change brake pad wear sensors but remember being told that sensors are usually changed at the time of brake pads. There is nothing showing or coming up on the mini management system

BMW are obviously the place to go, but there are various top quality discs, pads or combined discs/pads on offer/sale through various online outlets. I'm somewhat confused with some outlets offering discs and pads as a combined package but have red pads and not offering a choice of green.:confused:

Can anyone help with recommended outlets and discs please? I would very much appreciate it.:)

Many thanks!

#3 ·
Reusing a brake wear sensor that hasn't been rubbed against the disc (ie, pad thickness low) may be theoretically possible, but I found that the spring clip holding it in the cutout in the pad seemed to be a one-use-only part, so while my sensor was fine, it wouldn't stay in the new pad.

#5 ·
If yours is an R56 I wouldn't be tempted to re-use the sensors, as they're not likely to reset correctly on the cbs system. If your car is 4 years or over, BMW can supply value line parts at a lower than normal price. EBC red green or yellow isn't always a great option as there are many stories on forums of cracking, squealing, fading or whatever. If it's just a road car you may be fine with them. I used green on my old Mini but won't again, I used Red on my 968 on the Nurburgring and they were fine at the time, so many options.

Euro car parts is just one of the motor factors, but all can supply either decent or 'cheap' brake parts. I used Brembo from Euro, for front and rear pads and discs, but have renewed the pads with genuine. Only because I took it on a track day and the pads lasted 120 miles haha, I'm about to fit a genuine Brembo JCW kit for the front and rear even though everything is new anyway, just to sharpen it up to suit the power changes. I'm ok with genuine stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.