MINI Cooper Forum banner

Wanted: ride in a NRF shod R56 Cooper S

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Iain1970 
#1 ·
Morning all

I'm in Sandbach, Cheshire (J17, M6) and if anyone's within a half hour drive of me, with an R56 MCS with NON run flats would it be possible for me to have a ride in your car. I don't need to drive it.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads with mine, and if spending £700 on some new wheels (they're hammered) and NFR tyres makes me love it again, then I'll do it, but I need to know first!

I'll obviously more than cover your fuel and time costs, and if you've got some suitable shoddy terrain within a few minutes of your gaff (and who hasn't these days?!), then we'll be done in 10 minutes.

I've got the optional factory fit sports suspension on mine - I don't know how common this is or for that matter what difference it makes - but it's not essential that you have the same.

Would be smashing if anyone has the time.

Thanks

Paul

See less See more
#2 ·
you can take the word of the very many unhappy runflat users, they ride hard. also if your looking for a cushy ride high performance + very lo profile tires stiffen the ride, also within the same sizes comfort varies. even though your not in USA check out the tests + reviews at tirerack.com. they may be helpful

#4 ·
I've a Cooper SD and currently run non-runflat winter tyres on 16" wheels. Honestly, I can't really say there's much of an improvement over the standard 17" alloys with runflats I took off. It's certainly less skittish, but the ride is still hard. Maybe I'll notice more when the 17"-ers go back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.