MINI Cooper Forum banner

Advice / Opinions on new wheels and tyres

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  NigelK 
#1 ·
Hi, just looking for some advice and opinions on a new wheel and tyre package for my 2005 Cooper R50.

Found these wheels (16x7) 16" Rota Slipstream (White) Alloy Wheels for Your 2005 Mini (BMW) Hatchback All Models - Rimstyle.com

From what I know they will fit, I have standard SS+, not been lowered.

The site is recommending 205/50R16 sized tyres, which I have read are a good size for the wheel. I won't go for a totally budget tyre but if anyone can recommend any tyres they stock that'd be helpful!

The car is my daily drive so I'm looking for a good overall tyre I guess.

Thanks for any input!

#7 ·
Well I went for Hankook, they also had the best fuel economy and grip according to that universal chart that's used (both B). Had a quick drive on them and they feel good, and hopefully even better once bedded in, no noise from the tread that stands out either.
Getting off of run-flats is so much better!!

£300 for 4 tyres, not bad in my opinion, for what seem like decent tyres!

Also for anyone interested in the wheels, the Rota Slipstream 16x7 fit a stock suspension set up fine, with supplied fitting kit.

Attachments

#8 ·
Interesting the good reports of the Hankooks. I'm thinking of changing my runflats for Toyo Proxes - 205/45/17. I put them on a Golf VR6 I had and thought they were great. Quite inexpensive. Under £300 for 4 x fitted from Blackcircles. Any opinions out there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.