MINI Cooper Forum banner

Just supposing a Mini 2'er was driving across the US....

6K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  NoNo 
#1 ·
Is there anyone that would be willing to take a complete stranger into their home for a night to offer a bed/sofa/floor to sleep on?

I have a stupid plan to drive from Nevada to Connecticut (or maybe the other way) in late November / early December, and need to do so as cheaply as possible.

Hence I'm calling on all US based M2ers for any offers of accomodation.

I can offer nothing in return, other than my company, a bottle of good wine or two, and a place on the Travel SIut's register

Can you help?

#10 ·
Maybe not a D90, but cars that drive in snow are easy to rent.

When you leave Vegas heading east, unless you take the extreme southern route I-10 you are going to cross the Rockies. :aargh: We drove Hauliday Inn alone I-90 last trip, and will take that route again even though it adds a day to the travel. When we drove out a week ago in the FJ towing the GP we drove I-40. Highest elevation we saw was around 7500 feet. We're going to return via I-70 I'll post a report on that route.

You should watch the weather report for the mountains before leaving but otherwise snow shouldn't be a problem until you get to Cathleen's area. :) And getting snowed in on the road is another adventure. :nice:

#18 ·
Considering she's shared homes with 3 Miniacs, I bet she's the most normal one in the bunch! Though Ruthie might just be young, so I'll cut her some slack. Mine is just nuts. (Feral, orphaned, brain damaged...) Vet visit on Monday- can't wait! :D

I think I know a Mini owner in Iowa too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.