View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM
minicore
MINI2 Privilege Member
Super Moderator

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View minicore's Chili Red & Body Color 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

Warranty is always nice to have, especially given that the MINI is an expensive car to fix when something goes wrong. HOWEVER, it'll only be a limited/extended warranty, so if I'm not mistaken, it'll not cover everything that a warranty from new would have covered.

If you're confident that the cheaper car is in good shape and has been well cared for, the Cherished warranty probably isn't worth 2k extra.

Aside from the skirts, I'm not a massive fan of the whole first gen Aero kit (as MINIAC said, there's no JCW kit, but the Aero kit was often fitted to the JCW). The skirts really finish the car off and are worth having... the rest of the kit always looked a bit cheap to me.

Bigger brakes are a massive benefit on the JCW, but it's more cost effective to go down the aftermarket route IMO.

The Recaro seats were a fortune to spec, plus they're a huge improvement over the standard sports seats. Also, fitting some form of tidy iPod connection will cost very little, so don't get hung up about that.

I guess that's my 3p now.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome