MINI Cooper Forum - View Single Post - Mini cooper s works choice R53
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Keano
JCW 250

Local Time: 12:45 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Keano's Solid Black & Body Color 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View Keano's Classified Ads

Brakes can be retrofitted - can get a version from the R56 S which are basically the same thing without the paint for good money....

Sat nav I wouldnt pay extra for TBH - it replaces the temp gauge which is something I would want to have plus a portable sat nav is far far cheaper...

JCW seats are brilliant IMO. Very comfortable for me and cost about 700 ish IF you can find a set 2nd hand... if not they are over 1k EACH chair from a dealer...

Aero kit is circa 1k fully painted from the dealer. I love the full kit but its an expensive option - if your not fussed over the looks dont pay the premium the kit may commang and go for the non-aero kit fitted car...

Proper iPod connection from BMW is circa 300 but you can always get aftermarket options cheaper...

MFSW can be retrofitted too - the parts are only like 150 but labour can make it expensive if you want cruise to work - I was once quoted 600 to retrofit it but Im not sure if it can be done for less

The 18" JCW wheels look nice but you wouldnt go too far wrong by getting some lightweight aftermarket wheels - they will be cheaper on tyres too (205/40/18 runflats are >175 a tyre last time I looked)

The sunroof weighs more so I wouldnt be too bothered if my MINI didnt have one

Running 211whp

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome