MINI Cooper Forum banner

JCW or SD

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  0007 
#1 ·
Hi new to the forum so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I am in the Market for a mini hatch and I am sitting on the fence between the SD and JCW 2012

My heart says JCW but my head says SD.

I commute 40 miles per day, 20 motorway and 20 on country roads average speeds of 65/75

I would really like to know if it is possible to achieve 350-400 miles (uk) per tank with this type of commute in the JCW or am I being optimistic.

Any help would be fantastic

Cheers

Afy

#7 ·
I am in the same position.
I have my toy, my Supercharged Lotus for the weekend, but i am gona buy a Mini for myself and the Mrs.
She will drive it midweek, bout 8 miles per day, then when i am in the UK, i will cover around 1000 miles over a month.
I am leaning towards the SD, but being a petrol head, i am being dragged by the thought of a small powerful go kart.lol

#8 ·
Three cheers for those who get 40mpg out of a JCW. I did over 20K in an S Clubman and averaged 34mpg. Once got 44 out of a tank crawling up the inside lane of a motorway but thats no way to drive the car. Now in a Coupe SD. No, its not as much fun but I never get less than 50mpg and over 15k miles even with diesel more expensive this is MUCH cheaper to run. Heart or wallet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.