View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2015, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
seveer7
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DIY Offset number plate

Hi, this is my first post however I already knew what i wanted to share so am using this to show you my offset front number plate on my 2006 mini cooper r50. The bracket used to hold the number plate I made by myself and will include some pictures of this also.

The plate itself cost me roughly 20 and I believe to be the smallest it can be whilst keeping the spacing and letter sizing legal.

There are currently around 8 small holes in my bumper where whoever fitted the rediculous plastic plate holder made a nice mess of it as really there should only be need for 4. I looked into bumper plugs from bumperplugs.com but the price is pretty steep for what you get. On removing the plate I realised the holes aren't that visible unless within a few metres in a well lit place, because the holes don't bother enough to spend 150+ on having the holes filled and sprayed I am simply going to take the burrs off with a drill bit and use the touch up stick I bought from MINI for 20 (robbery) to cover up the black inner holes, this way your eyes won't be so drawn to them. I am thinking of buying an aero bumper in the future which won't have any holes in anyway and I will intend on keeping it this way. The plate is held to my bracket using sticky pads 1 in each corner.

Let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150102_021226.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	181434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150102_020838.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	181442  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome