MINI Cooper Forum - View Single Post - Mini Cooper SD - Knocking Sound from Engine.

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2019, 12:33 PM
mike1967
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 12:59 AM
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzle1965 View Post
I have a 2011 Mini Cooper SD. Since the temperature outside has dropped and we are having cold mornings, I have noticed a knocking noise recently when I first start the car. I can hear the noise when the clutch pedal is on the floor, and the noise disappears when I take my foot off the clutch. When the engine is warmed up the knocking noise seems to go completely. I would be interested to know if anyone else with a Cooper SD has experienced the same thing please ? Not sure if it indicates a problem or this noise is normal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated please. Many thanks.
mixture of cold air temp cold fuel temp and when a diesel first starts as its a compression ignition engine the ecu starts at retarded timing with extra fuel at start up and the cold air is more dense the ignition sound sharper

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome