mike1967
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 11:12 AM
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Durrant View Post
The car has just hit 90000 and does go through oil like all minis do. There was a point where the oil was extremely low and the oil light came on, but i check bi-weekly now to keep on top of it.
if its done 90.000 miles on the same timing chain from new then absolutely the problem, the 1.4 and the turbo engines suffer faster with timing chains form a lot of past experience with them, i done a peugeot last week same engine 70.000 miles full dealer history old couple who are driving around at 40-50mph and have had 10k oil changes all its life, found chain was stretched and bottom sprocket worn badly as well that was on a 2011 car,, i have seen turbo cars with 24.000 miles chain stretched was driven hard from new was run low on oil a lot,
at 90k yours will need doing, add to that you say run low on oil a few times would add to it maybe done some piston ring damages,, need to do a oil pressure test, need to do a compression test,, before doing anything else see what state the engine is in before even thinking of throwing a chain kit at it,

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome