MINI Cooper Forum banner

Ultimate rolling road big boy shoot out day planning potentialy september 2008

874 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Ant FR 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, i have been wanting an event to be sorted for ages where all the big boys can turn up on a completely unbiased and totally unlinked rolling road which is still quite central and then get some results at the same time. I have spoken to people individualy on this in the past and most people agrea it would be good to see, so here it is.

The place would be Red Dot racing in Watford ( top of the M25 and bottom of M1) and it would be on either a saturday or sunday sometime in September. Charges would be roughly 40 pound per car but i would like to see that 10 pounds of that money goes to a nominated charity. probably Demelza House kids Hospice.

Ideally we are looking for all the major tuners and big boys to come along at the same time and truly see who is up there in Mini Bhp leagues. Although we would want mainly the top performers, there would be no problem in any other mini coming along on the day. To make it a realistic level i think we would need to limit cars to about 20 or so.

So first up who is up for it, especially tuners, and is there a preferred time of the month for people. I can arrange for Modern Mini mag to turn up and do a small feature, esepcially if we have some of the big boys, Ideally want to get a couple of the turbo's along too .

So what are peoples thoughts on this, a bit of fun, a chance to see some of the fastest Minis in the UK and also chance to help charity.:D:D

See less See more
#6 ·
Cheers for the replies guys,

I don;t really need to post on the other site as i already know they're coming, it took about 5 secs to get an answer.;);)

so i'll put these formal invites out to the tuners, and if none replay, we;ll just turn it into a rolling road day for the masses. I will have a chat with the guys at red dot and get some more solid dates and stuff. I'll also ask Modnmini guys too as know they are always up for a meet

keep you all posted.

#8 ·
well i would'nt put it quite like that, its really meant to be an event where we could see some real fast mini's, all in one place for once, of course lower powered cars are invited, but i think we all secretly want to see some of these fast Minis on the rollers:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.