MINI Cooper Forum banner

Castle Combe mini track day - 27th Sept

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Richard Crofts 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just a note, on the 27th Sep, its the Mini World track day.

Great place to get together and have fun.

So who's going?

#3 · (Edited)
We were going to be away but are now free on the 27th!:D

I know the SCNM crowd are going and look all booked up but if we get enough interest we can book a club stand as well. We get 12 entry passes free and 6 x 15 min track sessions for only £100 (16 approx each. Further track sessions booked in advance would be reduced to £20 each.

Anyone interested let us know ASAP as we need to confirm with the circuit. First come first served on the 6 for £100 track passes BTW (4 left)!

More info here:-http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/miniworldactionday.htm

Thanks

Intested so far:

Yeoda (Free entry & reduced track track pass)
MINI 68 (Free entry & reducedTrack pass)
2 Much (Free Entry & reduced track pass)
Tim G (free Entry x2 & 1 reduced track pass)

#5 ·
Slight amendment to anyone who saw the post earlier where I said track pass free as well (doh!:redface:). We get 12 free entry passes and 6 x 15 min sessions on track for £100 (approx 16 each).

Soz if caused confusion. earler post amended.

Added to interested list Lee. Would you want track session?

#11 ·
Think a great day was had by all. Times weren't important, we just had a great day despite the fog for the first few hours!!

The only down side for me was our classic mini broke down half way home and ended up on an AA recovery truck due to a broken alternator bracket, but despite that couldn't complain;)

Alex, thanks for the ride, very impressive as always:D:D:D

#12 ·
You're welcome mate. You got lucky, the next session after yours was when I span a few times in a big cloud of smoke :aargh: All good, no damage and didnt slow me down too much ;)

Sorry to hear about the classic breaking down. Perhaps its time to get a tow bar on the MINI to tow it back from these events :tongue:

#13 ·

Highlight of the day for me was pushing a ZCars rear engined monster all around the track for an entire lap befofre he finaly gave in and let me past!

I also managed to spin the car again this year. This time at higher speeds and at least twice. I was a bit busy to count how many times I span it. No damage, but didnt slow me down too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.