MINI Cooper Forum banner

The Nurburgring 2009

17K views 74 replies 22 participants last post by  Ant FR 
#1 · (Edited)
Introducing,
-: The Nurburgring 2009 :-

After the Success Of the 2008 trip we would like to start planning for 2009.

The plan is subject to change due to ring opening dates but hopefully shouldnt change too much :D

The dates we have in mind is the last week in May 09, somewhere around the 24th - 30th May.

If your interested please put your name, we all had a great time in 2008 and met quiet a few other mini owners from the continent.

Ringhaus Calendar

20832 - Nurburgring & Nordschleife - by Mike Frison

Circuit guide by BMW:
http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/fascination/bmwm/automobiles/specials/_pdf/bmwm_nordschleife.pdf

Hotel am Tiergarten

If you are taking part on the Ring Run,​

Things you will need...

- Passport
- Money (euros)
- Credit Card
- European Breakdown Cover
- European Insurance Cover
- European Health Insurance Card
- Sat Nav (optional) radar detectors are illegal in Europe so should not be taken
- Full Driving Licence including paper section
- V5 Vehicle Registration Document
- Insurance certificate
- GB sticker / euro plates
- 2 High Viz jackets per car (incase of break down) carried in the car
- Warning Triangle
- Recommended First Aid Kit and spare Bulb kit

Speed Limits (on the Continent) - Wet Weather Speeds apply!

France

Built up areas - 31 mph (50 kmh)
Outside Built up Areas - 55 mph (90 kmh) Wet - 49 mph (80 kmh)
Urban Motorways / Dual Carriage - 68mph (110 kmh) Wet 62 mph (100 kmh)
Motorway - 80mph (130 kmh) Wet 68 mph (110 kmh)

Luxembourg

Outside Built up Areas - 55 mph (90 kmh) Wet - 49 mph (80 kmh)
Urban Motorways / Dual Carriage - 68mph (110 kmh) Wet 62 mph (100 kmh)
Motorway - 80mph (130 kmh) Wet 68 mph (110 kmh)

Germany

Outside Built up Areas - 62 mph (100 kmh)
Motorways / Dual Carriage - 80mph (130 kmh)

Netherlands

Outside Built up Areas - 49 mph (80 kmh) / 62 mph (100kmh)
Motorways / Dual Carriage - 74mph (120 kmh)

Ferries
SpeedFerries | The fastest cross-Channel car ferry | Dover to Boulogne in just 50 minutes
Direct Ferries UK to Ireland, France, Spain, Holland, Germany, Scandinavia

Interested:

Mess
Scottyboy
Philly C
Delly
Berthil
MattL
AlexBRGCooper

Possibles:

See less See more
#2 ·
I AM IN I AM IN!!!!!!!!!God i whihc is would come around tomorrow you no i am there mess mister :)Might evenhave a mini to drive this time at least the clutch is done:p

Might even be able to cut down the driving if we do newcastle or hull and if we book in advance we could get special price!"

#5 ·
Phillys mod list just keeps growing but water cooled GRS intercooler is number 1 follewed by toyo r888
polly bused front end and a bucket seat ...or two to keep me pinned in the bloody thing!
Might even put a berthil special about the speedo as well ;)...love the datatool Berthil!Will see you next year no doubt!

Lest hope philly and Scotty make it this time might even manage to, stay on the track and melt even more things!!! HI FIIIIVE!!!

#8 ·
Well its seems youve already put my name down!! ha ha Im obviously going to be there though, gotta show the boys a thing or two!

However im having a car crisis and not sure whether i want to keep it so will have to see what i have by then.

Always up for a laugh though! "Show Ya"!! "Isss Niccceee!!" A few German phrases i learnt from you boys!

#12 ·
Put your name down cos isss niiicee! :D We know you will be there no matter what car you have but we thinks you will not get rid of mini in a hurry!

I could be a possiable for this will confirm once I check the work forcast for next year.
Good Man! Hope the work forcast is good and you can make it.

I think I might be a maybe for this
You know you want to Alex :p

again tell me when you are going , i will probably come too, but i will sort myself out as i always stay at Blaue Ecke as know the guys there.

Will probably be in the 206 though as the mini is bing retired from Ring most of 2009
Ant it will be good to meet you, and see what the stripped out 206 can do :D

Any 1 that is wanting to come will obviously have to pay for their own accommodation, we will of course help people find places to stay.

#23 ·
Looks like the event calender is up for 2009 so far, so its looking good to go for the preliminary dates first stated for the last week in May 09.

Nürburgring* - *events
I think we may have a change off plan andy mate.....

June time now. as phil has to save lots for the z car and im not rich at the minute with work :) will talk on sat night :)

#32 ·
You can get better deals than that for Hull - Rotterdam
It's best to phone them with an enquiry better deals given, discount etc that cannot be accessed by the Web Page ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.