MINI Cooper Forum banner

Severn's 5th Birthday Anniversary Run to BMIHT @ Gaydon Sunday March 8th 2009.

5K views 70 replies 18 participants last post by  simeds 
#1 · (Edited)
Severn's 5th Birthday Anniversary Run to BMIHT @ Gaydon Sunday March 8th 2009.

how it all started

minisoopercooper - Nov 2003 said:
hi everyone

I wondered if anyone has planned anything in or around the Bristol and ex Avon areas?

I think a run for us guys would be great. It could start in Bristol with a trip over the Clifton Suspension bridge and then the world is our oyster as they say with both the Cotswolds and Mendips close by. We could also take in Bath, Wells and Glastonbury, depending which route we took.

I don't want to tread on anyone's toes so if you already have something going in this area then I'll shut up! And of course offer my assistance in any way I can. If there isn't then I would be more than happy to organise something. I have a fair bit of experience in car runs having been the publicity officer nationally and local Chairman over many years of the Austin A30 A35 Owners Club.

Obviously it's way too late to get something going this year but would be nice to do something after the winter has broke and cater for everyone in this neck of the woods who don't want to travel down to the South West weekender in Exeter and North Devon. Although I am planning to myself!
This ultimately resulted in the forming of the New MINI Severn's club which had it's first ever run on Sunday 7th March 2004 to the BMIHT museum at Gaydon.

This is now 5 YEARS ago :eek: So to celebrate we will be doing it all again :D

We had over 30 cars on the original run and all of those who came that day will be invited to attend again - whether or not they still own a MINI.

We want to get as many people going as possible so please feel free to come along this time.

The Plan

Meeting in 2 locations

location 1 = The Venue - Cribs Causeway. Meeting below (click for larger version) at 9.30AM for a 10AM departure.

Location 2 = Junction 18 picnic area - M4. Meeting here at 9.45 for the rest of the Bristol convoy to join here at 10.15AM.

Then once we are all together we head off up through the Cotswolds the scenic way to the museum. A full ITN file is here as well as Original word doc pace notes

Other cars are more than welcome to join in anywhere along the route - or even meet us at the BMIHT at 12.30 - whichever suits you. If you do meet us there please wait for the main group in the car park as if you enter before you will pay the full entrance price and not the group discounted rate.

Admission to the venue is £7 per person for the group rate instead of the usual £9. As well as the huge amount of interesting cars and vehicles on display you are more than welcome to use the shop, cinema and even the off roading course during our visit. A short video of whats available is here

Lunch will be at the museums great cafeteria as soon as we arrive and a guided tour has been booked for 2.15 PM.

If you wish to convoy back too then please let us know on the day otherwise the event will end as and when you want it to at the venue.

Paul

Attendee's

1 minisoopercooper (Bristol)
2 Beastmaster and Peanut (Bristol)
3 Becca3003 and Matrog (Gaydon)
4 Jaffa and Carol (Bath)
5 Simeds (Bath)
6 KPKalle (Bath)
7 RVW and Storm (Gaydon)
8 Emu_P and Panther (Bath?)
9 Coombezie (Bristol?)
10 TonyM and Marilyn (Bristol)
11 BlueAndy (Bristol)
12 Aston (Bristol)
13 Mandy Moo and MiniFriz (Bristol)
14 SteveM3 (Bath)
15 Debs & Nibbs (Bristol)
16 B19JPO (Bath?)
17 1958 Harry (Bath)
18 Lizzie (en route)
19 Beggzie (Bristol)
20 Merv (Bristol)
21 Laurence and Michelle (Bristol)
22 CooperMinx (Bristol)
23 Carlos and Gemma (Gravity)
24 Yoeda John (Bath)
25 Emma and the kids (Bath)
26 Nielians
27 MINI-Moocher (Gaydon)
28 Biglove
29 Simmo33 (Bath)
30 Dealmaker (Gaydon)
31 rec (Bath)
32 chrisandjax (Gaydon)
33 Char (Bristol)
34 John - (BlueAndy +1 in the new car :cool:) (Bristol)
35 topcat
36 Savory100 (Bath)
37 MJB (hopefully)

See less See more
#14 ·
It would be a shame to miss out on the anniversay of my first ever Mini run so count me in, I'll see you at the Bath picnic area meeting point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.