MINI Cooper Forum banner

South Wales Run - 18th January - Cardiff To Brecon.

7K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  chrissmith921 
#1 · (Edited)
We have all dates and location / route sorted.

The Route from:CF72 8SA to:Aberdare to:Hirwaun to:Brecon to:A438, Brecon, Powys, United Kingdom to:B4560 to:A40/Hereford Rd to:A4042/Heidenhiem Dr to:51.464275,-3.157539 - Google Maps

Total of 111 miles – about 3 hours 7 mins

Stopping at a pub in brecon. Start time 10a.m.!
Setting off from J33 M4 at 10.30 a.m (gives time for people to turn up)

Brecon has some lovely roads, and some very nice spots to take photos. Ending at Cardiff Bay, With a few tunnel runs:p

List so far is :

1. Johnno
2. richcoopS
3. rivet588
4. paa100
5. Marty_58
6. Aston
7. mattsonthebeach
8. Beastmaster + Peanut
9. Mandy Moo + mini friz
10. Beggzie +
11.Coombezie
12. Blueandy (poss)
13.Cooper-minx
14. Laurence + Michelle
15. Emu_p & Panther
16. Jaffa & Carol
17. Merve (Steven with co-pilot Nibby)
18. Fitzy (poss)

If anyone cant make it, or anyone else wants to join your more than welcome just add yourself to the list...
I can pm people my mobile number nearer the time so if they are going to be late for the 10.30 take off you can get it touch and let us know....

So is that list everone a definete??

Cheers Johnno.

See less See more
#11 ·
#18 · (Edited)
I have an updated list from the New MINI Severns Forum (The New MINI Severns Club Forum • Login)

1. Johnno
2. richcoopS
3. rivet588
4. paa100
5. Marty_58
6. Aston
7. mattsonthebeach
8. Beastmaster + Peanut
9. Mandy Moo + mini friz
10. Beggzie
11. Coombezie
12. Cooper-minx
13. Laurence + Michelle
14. Emu_p & Panther
15. Jaffa & Carol
16. Merve (Steven with co-pilot Nibby)
17. Fitzy (poss)

#23 ·
OK guys - I have some good news and bad news:

Good news - I've managed to arrange the pub for everyone to stop at: The Felin Fach Griffin Inn :D It's on the A470 just outside Brecon -

LD3 0UB - Google Maps

Felin Fach Griffin :: Pub with rooms between Brecon and Hay on Wye in Powys, Mid Wales :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Felin Fach Griffin Inn ::: Restaurant Pub and Accommodation Near Brecon & Hay-on-Wye, Wales. UK ::: EATdrinkSLEEP ltd.

Food looks amazing, decent prices for Sunday lunch etc. I have spoken to the manager and they have plenty of room for all the cars!!

http://www.eatdrinksleep.ltd.uk/eat.htm

I've provisionally booked for 1.30pm lunch. Which gives people enough time in the morning to drive up from Cardiff (stopping on the way for photos) to Brecon (stopping in Brecon) and then the drive onto The Felin Fach Griffin Inn for 1.30pm. Also enough time for people to head off when they want to after lunch, before the rest of the group head back to Cardiff.

The pub has just had a complete refurbishment and are opening on Friday! They want an estimate of who will want sunday lunch (roast beef freshly cooked) as they will need to order in an extra rack of beef for us!

So who wants the Sunday Lunch option at £13.50? (2 courses £18.50. I need to confirm a round about number to the manager on Friday...! Cheers

and the bad news - my car has got an ignition problem and won't start... :frown: I'll be working on it thursday/friday and saturday to try and get it ready for the meet but might not be able to make it if I can't get it running as I'll be all the way back in Basingstoke (near Reading). I'm gutted but hoping that I can get it sorted to travel back in time!! Johnno will be there though (as organiser), so the run will still go ahead!

Rich

#25 ·
Do they do bar snacks??? I need to try and save any extra weight in the car ;) Anyone fancy washing my car for me? Its not easy when you live 3 floors up and have no outside tap :( Will probably have to go to my parents in Caldicot on Saturday to do it. Shouldn't take too long as it has protected paint etc so the dirt should just drop straight off.

Got my new rubber fitted today, plus spigot rings for the alloys and the car feels so much better. Good luck with getting your car ready

Matt

#26 ·
Rich sort your car out! you have to come you organised this too. Put me down for lunch too + my friend dan is coming.

Like i said before rich if your stuck you can jump in mine =]

I need to wash my car too. Its very dirty. Hopefully get it all cleaned on saturday but the Mrs wants to go out :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.