MINI Cooper Forum banner

The Irish Job 4: possibly 8th/9th August 2009

4K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  nylo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hot on the heels of the write up of the third Irish Job in Modern MINI, I'm putting out a few feelers for interest in a 4th Irish Job, possibly on a weekend in August 2009. I know this may clash with holidays (but hopefully not too much!), but with the Charity Ball and a few of us possibly heading away to get a Ball tan in September, this seems like the best time :)

I haven't decided which part of the Emerald Isle we'll explore next, but rest assured it will take in some of the best scenery and roads we can find, not to mention the cracking social aspect :cool:

More details will follow when I put my mind to it a bit more :)

Do ye fancy it? :D

Jules and the Singing Offroader Freo :nice:
Andy the Smiley Expert :tongue:
Mark the Quarry Man
Dean - husband
Ian
Spudd
ladee-wood
Stu and Pappi
deanquartermaine
Kini
Vickie - a better passenger than sat nav Jane :nice:
kitten341636 ?
Nicky and Derek (sorry, Nicky! :eek::p;))

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes I fancy it :p

However with the Minis 50th Birthday on the 26th August you may find that weekend will busy with other events.

I know the Causeway Coast weekend is usually the last weekend in August, however in 2008 they had to go the weekend before because it clashed with a "pipe band" event in Portrush.

If this happens again this year (I think there is a good chance it will as athe pipe band event is annual aswell) then it will also be on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd August 2009 :(

I would think you stand a better chance of getting a superb turn out by having it at some point after the Causeway Coast weekend.
It would mean we could also "advertise" it at the Mini/MINI shows during the year?

When is the Ball in September ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.