MINI Cooper Forum banner

Dales 09 weekenders - who's doing what?

7K views 134 replies 15 participants last post by  NeuroBeaker 
#1 ·
For the Dalers who are making a weekend of it: who's doing what, when are we arriving, how long are we staying, where are we staying, are we going to Wagamama's and Harrogate's best gay pub on the Friday night?:confused:

So many questions, so much to plan :eek::p

#5 ·
I don't do camping but would be more than happy to stay at the Cedar Wotsits again :D We can pick up more Harrogate Rose samples :nice:

Wagas (inc. plum wine :D) is a yes! :D
The best gay pub in Harrogate is a must I think :p

And can we magically arrange for the weekend to not end this time :confused: Thanks awfully :D

#14 ·
OH the cedar wotsits, is that the fancy carpet speccin place hmmm:hmph::p

Andy, I went over on the Friday and back on the Monday last year. Jules and Vickie came up on the Friday too. Actually, rubbish, Jules and I went via Lohen on the Thursday :eek:

Anyhoo, we all arrived about the same time on the Friday afternoon which gave us time for relaxing (drinking in the hotel bar) before we met up with Nicky, Derek and boys for food.

We all went back on the Monday - it just made it all the more relaxed as it's about a 4.5 hour drive to Stranraer...

There's not much difference in price between the B&Bs in Harrogate and the hotel we got into last year: Cedar Wotsits which has a nice big car park, a gym which we all used twice a day :eek:, is close to town and which does a cracking hangover brekkie :D

Only thing is, accomm in H'gate tends to get booked up quite quickly, so if we decide on somewhere, we should just go for it :)
the cedar wotsits looks well :cool: i can soo see my coop parked in that car park!:p:p and hangover brekkie puts me under the impression that we will be sampling the alcohol to its full effect too?:eek:

#6 ·
I'll be coming up from the midlands, so there's a pretty good chance that i'll be up for whatever weekend stuff is going on ... pink wine, gay bars, wagamama's, village fairs, whatever's on tap :D

i'll plan my travel plans on what y'all come up with. :D

#7 ·
Andy, I went over on the Friday and back on the Monday last year. Jules and Vickie came up on the Friday too. Actually, rubbish, Jules and I went via Lohen on the Thursday :eek:

Anyhoo, we all arrived about the same time on the Friday afternoon which gave us time for relaxing (drinking in the hotel bar) before we met up with Nicky, Derek and boys for food.

We all went back on the Monday - it just made it all the more relaxed as it's about a 4.5 hour drive to Stranraer...

There's not much difference in price between the B&Bs in Harrogate and the hotel we got into last year: Cedar Wotsits which has a nice big car park, a gym which we all used twice a day :eek:, is close to town and which does a cracking hangover brekkie :D

Only thing is, accomm in H'gate tends to get booked up quite quickly, so if we decide on somewhere, we should just go for it :)

#20 ·
Dean's just asked me how many sleeps, but we really do need Vickie back to keep us right :hmph:

You can feel the excitement?! You don't have Dean on the other end of the pagers :p

we should start a trend and mod it into our R53s! and thon R50s too!;) dont think the hotel will be too pleased though...:p
I was told mine was so low I wouldn't even fit laminate under my arches :mad:

Oh we'd be in and away before the hotel would even notice, we were taking strips from strategically hidden parts :p

I will go cap in hand to the boss tomorrow, hopefully shouldn't be an issue
Well you can hardly give him more notice... Fingers crossed for you ;)

#19 ·
Checked availability for Cedar Wotsits t'other day and depending on which sites you look at its either booked up or very near to it... gonna have to move quickly to ensure we have access to the best carpet in Harrogate! :p

In fact there appears to be limited availability on a few other places so I suspect there's somat going on that weekend (just as there was last year)

#24 ·
I had Nectar points to use so ended up booking over the phone via them rather than contacting the hotel, this saved us approx £20 per night off the usual cost :confused:

Having checked a couple of days ago, I don't remember there being a whole lot of difference in prices for the various online options (eBookers, Travelocity etc) and the hotels own booking site was down so wasn't able to get a price from that.

Not much help, sorry :eek::p

#32 ·
It's 198 miles from Stranraer to our house and it took us a lot less than 4 hours 37 mins last week, it really depends on the traffic though :)

Derek tried his ferry discount code last night with Stena and it knocked £25 off each way, so £140 was down to £115 (one way), which is better than nothing :p

#33 ·
I wonder if those codes will work in conjunction with the Tesco vouchers :confused: Probably not :hmph:

Aye if you're doing it in the middle of the night (you loons :p) it probably would take a lot less :p When I went back last year on the Monday, it was on the 14.30ish ferry, which meant leaving Cedar Wotsits at 7.30am or so, and I got caught up a bit in traffic going out of Harrogate...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.