MINI Cooper Forum banner

South East Surry Mini Owners

1K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Bluebabe 
#1 ·
Now, I don't want to make too many sweeping statements but....

1) all the mini drivers (I exclude myself here!) in my part of South East Surrey are a misserable bunch of gits. Not once have I got a wave or a smile from any of them, even if I let them out.

2) 90% of the mini owners in these parts appear to be 40+ and while I am not saying there is a direct corrolation, i'm wondering if south east surrey mini drivers have stopped enjoying their lives and have developed a dislike of all other road users!

Please someone prove me wrong and show some mini love! The rest of the country seems happy in their mini's, I certainly am, so next time you see a DS 02 MCS, smile and wave!

Rant over!

#2 ·
There are lots of threads about waving and peoples expectations of other MINI owners waving back at you;)

My thoughts, its a car, a mass produced car, its no longer a rarity on the roads so the MINI fan is in the minority of ownership so the chance of having someone wave at you just because you are in the same brand of modern mass produced car is almost as low as having mondeo drivers wave at each other;)

If you want a car that people in the same car will wave at you in if they are driving in the same car then you need a classic mini or a beetle or something like that, something that is rare and where the majority of its owners are enthusiasts:)

#3 ·
Hi Moleatrude

i know where your coming from, i live in Camberley Surrey and get the same old. straight faced no wave. dont get me wrong i dont expect an hysteric smile and frantic wave, just a smile and slight wave or even a reserved nod wouldnt go a miss - when i let fellow MINI owner out at a junction or give way. oh and im not in the 40 + group. (the 18-25). also and as for 'Mass produced' yes there are many Minis on the road. however not all the same spec, so as for 'Mondeo' which let face it is pretty standard and over 80% of them will be the same, and lets face it its a Mondeo. i always thought Mini was meant to be the FUN car - i.e. custom - JCW parts, Decals etc etc. and if we are 'mass produced' and so many of us are on the road why not unite.

Point well pointed out in my opinion moleatrude

#6 ·
Hi you Guys

I also live just outside Camberley and was in Camberley this morning ;)

I can't remember seeing another Mini today, which included myself ,as mine is in dock and have been lent a Beemeer.........:eek:

I'm affraid to say I'm well over the 40 mark, but driving a Mini makes me feel younger :D

I've flashed & waved but don't get any back most of the time :(

I'd look out for you Guys :biggrin:

#17 ·
;)Hey JCW58 I saw you today! :D
You were driving down Edward Road!:D I tried to flash you back but in my excitement I set the windscreen wipers off instead:rolleyes:lol
Nice cool :cool:car :D Your right it does work;) Look forward to seeing you again:D
Now to spot davyboy and jcwlookalike

#21 ·
Hi Dill07

Welcome to the club :D

I was in Camberley this morning, I only saw one other Mini, it was white with a lady driver. I couldn't wave as I was cornering and she came from the other way :eek:

Happy Mini Adventures :nice::biggrin::nice:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.