MINI Cooper Forum banner

Fancy a Lake District Mini Adventure this Weekend Anyone?

1K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Bad Dog Mini 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Does anyone fancy a Mini Adventure this Saturday?

Im planning on traveling up to the Lake District this weekend and i would welcome anyone else to come along!

Here is a rough map of where i want to go, i know the area and roads well and they are amazing fun in a mini.

As you can see it will take us right through the lakes to windemer and then up Kirkstone pass and on to ulswater, then i intend to travel up the amazing hairpin bends to one of the highest cafes ive ever been to called Heartside Cafe (1904ft above sea level!!). Its a good place for us all to park up and have a chat + bacon butty and then do the whole thing in reverse.

Im open to sugestions for an alturnative route, please let me know if you would like to join me!

Cheers

Michael

See less See more
#3 ·
Brilliant, Im out all day sunday im afraid so thats no good for me, it'l have to be saturday.

Here is the place i suggest us all meeting:

Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens, LA8 8EP at sat 10:30am??

Anyone else fancy it??

My Mobile number is 07840034148 by the way

#4 ·
Brilliant, Im busy sunday im afraid so it'l have to be saturday.

Here is the place i suggest us all meeting:

Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens, LA8 8EP at sat 10:30am??

Anyone else fancy it??
Cracking little pub right near the local MINI dealer and superb food aswell:nice:

I'll post a link in another forum for you as there is possibly another few on there that might be interested....

#9 ·
Thanks for that SoggyCornFlakes, my names down for the lanes run and I'm looking really forward to that one, the only problem is that by the time I've got to Blackpool from Kendal my car will be dirty so I won't be able to enter the competition :hmph:

Nevermind its going to be a good run anyway and I think a member from Northern Mini that also live's in Kendal is going down to Blackpool with me for it... should be a cracker...

#12 ·
Superb drive out today... some amazing twisties on the way up to Hartside cafe and met some new faces....

A big thanks to Michael for organising this and also to Webbo for coming along aswell.

Spotted another MCS near Bowness and got a wave and a blast of the horn... anyone on here ???

Roll on the lanes run... cant wait :biggrin:

#13 ·
Thanks Darryl, yer it was a really good run out. The lake district road never fail to give me a bg grin in round the bends.

Heartside cafe should be a destination for another run i think because the road leading upto it is brilliant.

That was my first sort of mini meet so thanks again to darryl and leon/alex for being friendly lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.