MINI Cooper Forum banner

Blackpool Lights 2009 Mini run

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Dudley_Dooper 
#1 ·
Any other members here make the brilliantly organised Illuminations 2009 Mini Run kindly put on by Derek Woodmans Blackpool.

Thanks for a great time and your efforts on this front are much appreciated Alison.

Lots of beeping, big smiles & waves from bemused members of the public as we went along. Lots of admiring glances at all our beautiful Mini's. So good to see so many in one place. Not sure how many but I'm sure we'll get to find out (heard passers by counting and think we were about number 44).

So strange to go through red lights with the police holding everything up for us! A really great adventure and I'm sure its the first of many for us, we've caught the bug now (even our dog came along and enjoyed his time).

It would be great to hear others experiences from the evening.

#2 ·
As usual, a well organised, even slick, Illuminations run, great fun.
I love the 'beeping' along the Prom and the general giddiness that goes with it. The support from the public is amazing, they all stop and watch/wave. Even better, we raise money for a really worthy charity.
Highly recommended every year for anyone who can make it.
Hope the dog enjoyed his hog!

#3 ·
we made it! The missus and the two little ones loved it! We we're in C1 YDN. Have to back up the two other posts about how well organised and thanks to the police for their support.

Only picked the car up today and what a great first mini adventure!!

S8 RAH we saw you and recognised your car from here straight away.

See you all next time for the next outing!

#6 ·
Saw you both there S8rah and Tangman.

we have some piccies but not sure how usable they are - will post some once the boss has had a nosey thru - our battery ran out so don't have as many as I would have liked.

It was a great run and lots of fun!

#10 ·
We were there and saw most of the names on here
Tangman Was i talking to you in the White Cooper???

GPMick
No sorry mate I have a red dooper - we saw you on your way back though - tooted and waved!

Attachments

#13 ·
I was in t'Pool one weekend last year when the Chrysler PT Cruiser run was on and that was something to see. There were more extra lights on the modded cars than on the lamp-posts on the promenade.

I'd be keen to attend next year's run with the Mini forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.