MINI Cooper Forum banner

Driving roads

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  solidsponge 
#1 ·
Hello

I thought Id mention driving roads to people, as its a great idea to just drive. Having to live in london means for the most part, driving, is, frighteningly terrible. Most driving in london does not follow the highway code at all. For example I saw a guy drive down the wrong side of the road and then reverse back up a bridge yesterday, it was ridiculous. The tip of the iceberg. So driving roads are brilliant, plus often in the country.

Today I tried this route:

Thaxted to High ongar/chipping ongar
Id recommend this as it was good roads, twisty with some straights, but mainly twisty and not too busy (went on sunday). It rained though so it wasn't great fun because of the wet obviously as it was bouncing off the roads.

Baldock to Buntingford A507
(From another car forum) "A507 from Baldock to Buntingford, then take the B1038 from Buntingford to Newport (Nr. Saffron Walden)". It is a great route and quite a few people have recommended this. I have been on it this summer and it is a good one with lots of twists and nice countryside.

Anyone got any good ones?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.