MINI Cooper Forum banner

Look in the mirror before you talk bud.......

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mini_drive 
#1 ·
Guy at work seems to always have a comment about my 09 Mini HardTop, IE....... "Ahhh it's too small, I'd feel like my ass is dragging, Is that a matchbox for adults" You get the point. He never says it mean but still, it's annoying! So the wife & I have a 2014 Countryman S All~4 ordered. So now he wants to know since I'm getting bigger "will I be able to hang with the big boys" Okay so talking all this smack what does everyone think he drives?????? He just traded in his 04 Volvo wagon for a used Nissan Juke. I get so frustrated...... they have a head to head Countryman vs Juke on YouTube. I guess they are similar in stats???? Well I'll
I'd bet money that his Juke can't keep up 0~60, In corners he would see nothing but Mini taillights, can't break as good and I'd like to know the MPG numbers on the Juke Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini Motor vehicle
:angry6wn:

See less See more
#2 ·
Some UK Road tests of MINI Countryman and Nissan Joke...:D

"On the road is where the Countryman really earns its stripes, and fears that it would lose the driver appeal of the standard hatch are forgotten when the first corner arrives. We tested the Countryman in four-wheel-drive ALL4 Cooper S specification, and it’s confident and composed at speed with minimal body roll and impressive damping.
The steering feels a little more muted than it does in the regular model, but it still offers lots of feedback and suits the more grown-up demeanour. The 184bhp, 1.6-litre turbo engine offers plenty of urge – it isn’t fazed by the 170kg 4WD system and pulls willingly in all gears.
By comparison, the Nissan’s 187bhp 1.6-litre turbo is equally responsive and the Juke closely matches the Countryman for pace, but the handling just can’t match up to the MINI’s involving experience.
So, which car takes the honours? Well, the Countryman is better to drive, more spacious and feels like a higher quality product. But then at £5,115 more than the Juke, that’s exactly what we would expect. One thing is for sure, families after a cool alternative to run-of-the-mill hatchbacks now have plenty of choice!"
Read more:
MINI Countryman Nissan Juke Review | First Drives | Review | Auto Express

"The Nissan Juke has price on its side, and more standard kit. Its punchy DiG-T engine also ensures performance is lively – if only it had the chassis to match. The Countryman provides more passenger space, a bigger boot and is far better to drive. Superior refinement and better quality also help to justify its hefty price premium. It is a stronger family choice than the cramped Nissan, and the ownership experience strengthens its appeal. Solid residuals and low running costs ensure the Cooper S Countryman is our victor."
Read more:
Nissan Juke Turbo vs MINI Countryman | Twin Test | Auto Express

#3 ·
And the winner is?????????? Countryman. C~:

Thanks for that nice chunk of info, we loved the Mini from the moment we drove it. Countryman was the only way to go keeping our cold snowy trips to Quebec in mind. The warranty is awesome also, he has basically nothing. He does say how punchy the engine is, maybe we will have to act like high school kids and race! Can't wait to sit in that Countryman when it gets here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.