MINI/Mini Collectables Thread (aka My Italian Job cars) [Archive] - MINI Cooper Forum

: MINI/Mini Collectables Thread (aka My Italian Job cars)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

obehave
Sep 1st, 2003, 03:58 PM
Somebody had bought all the CR S's, bummer. Pretty cool though. Picked them up at Target so I went to the other local Target and they don't even had them at all!! Guess I'll be lurking around waiting . :)

Hope this doesn't end up multiple posts. I've done it twice already and the thread never showed up.

MiniMan7
Sep 1st, 2003, 04:29 PM
Very nice. Those would be a nice addition to my Mini shrine.

:D

-Adam

MiniMinor
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:11 PM
What brand of model are they ?

Hope we can get them over here in the uk.

AprilWhine
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:16 PM
Johny Lightning seems to be a good brand of model. I have the car that's a scale model of JustAmy's Healey.

obehave
Sep 1st, 2003, 06:42 PM
What brand of model are they ?

Hope we cant get them over here in the uk.

Check with mad4models. He's in the UK and here's His Site (http://www.mad4models.com/)

He's your best bet that I know of.

tavis1
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:41 AM
OBEHAVE, I got the red MCS and white one from Toys R Us. I played hhell to find the blue one. I went to several toy stores with in a 150 mile radius with no luck. I finally went to the Johnny Lightining web site and they have a list of stores you can order them from. I found the Indy blue and bought it rite away. They are going fast!! I went back a couple days latter and they were out of the red and blue they just had the white left.
Good luck In finding what you are looking for. Hows the wife and kids?
Tavis1 :red:

EBMCS03
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:02 AM
Ahhhhhh really??? I was going to go look for them tomorrow... but your in LA right travis.... so that means i shouldnt even bother??? BUT I WANT THEM!

tavis1
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:46 AM
UCSDxBOi, I live in Bakersfeild but I went to Lancaster, castaic, apple vally, victorvill, hisperia, ridgeccrest, tehachapi, The only one I found other than the ones I bought were at the Toys R Us in victor vill a red and white. You might try LA. They do look very nice- very detailed. I about drove my wife nuts trying to hunt down the blue. I found it on Collectorsnetusa.net but, when I went back to check my order they only had the white left. Visit www.johnnylightning.com and they have a list of places to order from. They are going fast and I hope you can find them- I tell you what, I will check the toys r us here again if they have them I will buy them up and see about getting them to you.

AidenL
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:23 AM
:cool:

Mike Clarke
Sep 2nd, 2003, 01:37 PM
And when you have all 3 cars from the new IJ you can start looking for the original IJ cars & coach
:red: :white: :indi: :)

obehave
Sep 2nd, 2003, 02:06 PM
OBEHAVE, I got the red MCS and white one from Toys R Us. I played hhell to find the blue one. I went to several toy stores with in a 150 mile radius with no luck. I finally went to the Johnny Lightining web site and they have a list of stores you can order them from. I found the Indy blue and bought it rite away. They are going fast!! I went back a couple days latter and they were out of the red and blue they just had the white left.
Good luck In finding what you are looking for. Hows the wife and kids?

I hit both Targets and both Toys Us's yesterday. T A U didn't even have them. May be they're just coming in.

The wife and daughter are much better but the wife will have PT for quite a while :( Thank you much for asking.

Good hunting.

EBMCS03
Sep 3rd, 2003, 12:34 AM
Argh... I spent all afternoon hitting all my local target and K-Marts and they're all out... I managed to find ONE... and when i say one i mean ONE... there was one white one left and that was it... last one in the store behind all the other cars.. someone must have hid it... but ya... so sad... no blue nor red...

Hey travis u manage to snatch any extras? are u going to Long Beach MINIs Poker Rally?

dinlo
Sep 3rd, 2003, 04:14 AM
I went ot 3 different Target last night after I read this post, but no luck :(

My gf found me a indi blue today at toys"r"us, I will try to go to an other toys"r"us to get the white and red :p

Hat
Sep 3rd, 2003, 07:07 AM
there's an ad in the latest mini magazine - corgi are doing a set at 1:36 scale for 30 plus 3 delivery. you can get the originals as well

http://www.corgi.co.uk/model2003/05506.jpg

http://www.corgi.co.uk/model2003/CC99138.jpg

EBMCS03
Sep 3rd, 2003, 07:34 AM
Ahhh but not for US...

Ginger
Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:07 AM
Any chance we could have a couple of photos of these American models? Anyone know if thery're going to be available in the UK? Does one of you American guys fancy doing a deal?
G :silver:

EBMCS03
Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:13 AM
Photos of the american models?? ummm is this not what u are looking for? it was posted in the first post. https://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20631

CHD
Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:07 PM
The Corgi set looks flawed...

The Red car should be an S!

The cheapskates have just used the same Cooper model for all three!! :(

CHD
Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:16 PM
Looked at local TRUs and Wal Mart yesterday with no luck :(

BUT...I did find these MINI RC MCS toys in TRUs :)

http://www.d30-images.com/mcs/mcs-rc.jpg

Fantastic accurate model, and it's RC too!

You can swap the body shells, and they had Chili Red, Dark Silver and Electric Blue in stock.

Just painted the wheels white to match my actual car, and it now has pride of place on my desk.

Wooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo! :) :)

tavis1
Sep 4th, 2003, 05:39 AM
UCSDxBOi. The toys r us didn't have them, sorry. As far as toy stores toy r us seems to be the place to have them. Kmart, Target and K bees didn't have them or have a clue on what I was talking about. The two I purchased were from T R U and the two others I found wich I all ready had was at a T R U in victorvill. The blue I ended up ordering. Johnny Lighting are a lot like MINI. I have been collecting them for years. They shoot a bunch out there in limited numbers and once there gone there gone. I wish there was more I can do to help your hunt for the"unicorn". Yes, me and the miss's is going to the rally. I would like to meet all of you so I can put faces with names. So far I've been talking to Brave1 and Jimskater. Good luck and I will still keep my eyes peeled.

EBMCS03
Sep 4th, 2003, 10:04 AM
hi travis where did u order them from? I just might have to go that route too... the one that i found the pepper white was at k-mart suprisingly... and there were none at toys r u... so weird... well i'm driving down to san diego tomorrow... i'll hit up the stores there to see if they have any... Thanks! I'll see ya at the rally... we should set up a list of people from MINI2 that are going to put names to faces..

CHD
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Already done San Diego TRU, Wal Mart and Target...no go :(

EBMCS03
Sep 4th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Already done San Diego TRU, Wal Mart and Target...no go :(

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo http://www.bmwm5.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/bigcry.gif

obehave
Sep 4th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Here's another one (http://www.playingmantis.com/jl/news_details.php?articleid=656) oooooo a custom S

jimskater
Sep 5th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Didn't find any IJ cars in any of the following: WalMart, KB Toys, Toys R Us & Target...

DID spot 1/10th & 1/12th scale RC Coopers... but went out for $3 cars, could not come home with an $80 one. Not this month.

tavis1
Sep 5th, 2003, 04:51 AM
UCSDxBOi The place I ordered from was www.collectorsnetusa.com. They only had the white last time I checked. Try www.johnnylightning.com. In there web site they have a list of places to order them from. Yes it would nice to have a list.
JIMSKATER, are you talking about the huge r/c red mini with either the British or USA flag on top? My wife bought it for me on my birthday/ aniversery present ( a week apart). It is so cool has a detailed engine, working lights, the boot opens up and big enough to fit Barbi and G.I. Joe. I think I will keep her--and the wife :D

jimskater
Sep 5th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Yep, that's the one, Tavis. $79.99 & it's HUGE. about 2' long.

I want it I want it I want it

tavis1
Sep 5th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Jimskater its very cool.

obehave
Sep 7th, 2003, 02:58 AM
No IJ cars yet but I found some others. Found my EB/W in the same kit as tavis1 and a cheapo Classic.

Rakey
Sep 7th, 2003, 03:09 AM
nice cars, sorry wanted to have my name aginst al posts on the home page, hehehhehe