MINI Cooper Forum banner

New Auto Express

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Eelke 
#1 ·
The new Auto Express came into work early this morning, again featuring the new 07 minis, 2 page spread with pictures and such - you know the usual photoshoppy jobs.

Interesting thing about their representation on the Cooper S bonnet scoop; it had 2 smaller scoops with the Mini logo in the centre, think of a Cooper/One bonnet now with a scoop on each side of the badge.

Their bonnets appeared also had a V-shaped crease on them to fit in the larger engines.

Sorry I couldn't scan anything in but 1) I don't have a scanner, and 2) why pay for magazines when I can skive and read them at the same time ;)

#3 ·
I saw this at lunch and was going to buy it, but decided I'd wait and see what more learned brains than mine from Mini2 have to say about the images and how genuine/official they are.

I actually hope they're pretty close, I think I like the new S nose. I was going to snap up a current S before the change because I'm not a fan of turbos generally or the mooted standard Cooper/One bonnet, but the one on the cover of AutoExpress looks pretty funky.

I also quite like their side-on view of the Speedster inside...

#14 ·
Auto Express - New shape MINI's - shock HORROR!

Hi all,

Well there I was browsing the car mags in Smiths today and my eye caught the cover of this weeks Auto Express showing a group of the new shape MINI's. I had to do a double take. What have they done? Is that what the New Cooper S is really going to look like with those double scoops in the bonnet? to my eyes they have ruined the looks, totally spoilt it. Where do the bonnet stripes go? and with it loosing the supercharger, it's killed it for me. Think I will keeping my 03 S as a low miler and leasing another make of car.

The New Speedster may be worth a look a look but the New Clubman and New Moke are beginning to make the Brand look a laughing stock!

Sorry if you all disagree with me, just my initial thoughts.

Cheers

#15 ·
re

Penguinblue said:
Hi all,

Well there I was browsing the car mags in Smiths today and my eye caught the cover of this weeks Auto Express showing a group of the new shape MINI's. I had to do a double take. What have they done? Is that what the New Cooper S is really going to look like with those double scoops in the bonnet? to my eyes they have ruined the looks, totally spoilt it. Where do the bonnet stripes go? and with it loosing the supercharger, it's killed it for me. Think I will keeping my 03 S as a low miler and leasing another make of car.

The New Speedster may be worth a look a look but the New Clubman and New Moke are beginning to make the Brand look a laughing stock!

Sorry if you all disagree with me, just my initial thoughts.

Cheers
dont worry there all photoshops but the grill is probely going to be correct its the same on the prototypes but theres are black obversly! see pictures.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.