For what reasons did you chose your dealer? - Page 10 - MINI Cooper Forum
Dealership Feedback Discuss your experiences with MINI dealers worldwide

View Poll Results: For what reasons did you chose your dealer?
They offered the best price. 110 21.40%
They were the nearest dealer. 263 51.17%
They had the best sales staff. 108 21.01%
They were recomended to me or have a good reputation. 83 16.15%
They could get the car quickest. 79 15.37%
No particular reason. 18 3.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 514. You may not vote on this poll

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #136 of 137 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2017, 10:32 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 08:53 AM
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdaniel View Post
That said I don't see how one experience can be used for all garages??

I mean they work under the same name but you do know the employees in London are different to a dealer in Yorkshire different personalities etc just cause one is bad they aren't all
All dealers operate with 2 objectives.

1 making a profit with the least effort

2 taking advantage of customers I:E charging an exorbitant amount of money to replace shyte that most of the time doesn't need doing.

I went to my nearest dealer Cotswold mini Hereford for a quote to replace front brake pads and rotors 300 was their quote, I kindly told them to **** themselves and did it myself for 33

They are all knob sucking goblins

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 137 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2017, 11:02 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 09:53 AM
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)

United Kingdom

I've only bought 2 cars (both Doopers) from main dealers for 2 reasons.

First reason - I couldn't afford to buy the wife's car outright so took a finance deal, car is mine in May as it will be paid off in full.

Second reason - it was a trade sale. A dealer had the exact car in the exact colour combo that I wanted (pepper white/ black) however the only pitfall (from his perspective) was it had 127,000 miles on the clock and it was cheap because of this so I bought the car for a song and outright. I paid half the price on my car compared to my wife's car and there is only 3 months between them with her's being the newer of the 2. My car came with a service/ maintenance history that would choke a horse and the original owner done whatever it needed and never scrimped on maintenance. Looking at its file he was clearly anal about maintenance like myself and serviced the car every 10,000 miles from new and had a few in between services from the TLC pack he took out. Needless to say my car is the better driver of the 2 and now has 140,000 miles under its belt and all I've done to the car is rebuild the turbo (preventative maintenance), renewed the front disks/ pads and brake flexi pipe and service it every 6000 miles or less. BMW agreed to respray the car under the 12 year warranty as it had a few spots of rust dotted around the body so the car's paint now is like new and in my care it has passed the last 2 MOT's with a spotless sheet!

The R50, I bought that cash from a private seller from a Gumtree advert 3 years ago and that car is pretty mint and still in the fleet however it's in reserve atm. All it needs is an MOT which it will pass and taxed so if anything goes wrong with the other 2 cars then this will be operational and on the road within 2 hours or less

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in