Dealer Ratings (BMW - Mini) - Page 3 - MINI Cooper Forum
Dealership Feedback Discuss your experiences with MINI dealers worldwide

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 296 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2003, 09:40 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 01:49 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I bought my MCS second hand and found that all prices seemd very similar, admittedly, they seem to still be scarce,,,,,,,,,,,,Big up to Halliwell Jones

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 296 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:32 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Robert Stern

Robert Stern

Have had quite a lot of dealings with both the sales and servicing departments here due to a lemon which was in and out about a dozen times! Simon and Jonathan are both nice blokes who have gone out of their way to help and even managed to get me a replacement car. The service dept. guys there are also very helpful although they have not gotten back to me about a tyre price I requested the other day.
Have visited Damon Hill on a number of occasions including to see about a trade in when they offered a stupid low price. Over all though they were friendly and helpful.

post #33 of 296 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:08 PM
"Just Like That!"

England View Cooper Man's Chili Red & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Send a message via MSN to Cooper Man
United-Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV175
Robert Stern

Have had quite a lot of dealings with both the sales and servicing departments ...guys there are also very helpful although they have not gotten back to me about a tyre price I requested the other day.
I was waiting for my car at Elm Park in Bedford on Monday, when I overheard the service desk guy (Herjit?) quote a price of 200 for a single Dunlop SP runflat...although that did include fitting

post #34 of 296 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2003, 11:49 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 02:49 AM

United Kingdom Male View Spacer's Astro Black & Black 3rd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Convertible Profile View Spacer's Classified Ads

Pleased to say that my S will be here at the start of next week, and can get it on Fri/Sat. I'll let you all know how the collection goes.
post #35 of 296 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2003, 01:11 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
AWOL

England View northandy's Electric Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View northandy's Classified Ads

In Middlesbrough....

Shockingly bad customer service.... my car was a month late.... has had a bunch of problems, currently trying to reject it (without much luck).... they rarely return calls, seem to have an inability to take my problems seriously.... without dount the worst car dealer I've had the misfortune of dealing with... have been waiting 2 and a half months now to get a gearbox problem even looked at....

these of course are my own opinions based on the level (or lack of) service I have recieved from them...

Last edited by northandy; Dec 4th, 2003 at 11:59 AM.
post #36 of 296 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2003, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Regular

England View ashley adam's Dark Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Nice one Northandy - Good luck in rejecting your car - Take as much advice as you can - Remember the contract is between yourself and not the dealer. If you are unable to get hold of anyone try to contact the dealer principal or go to the highest buying point of the group - you need to take names dates and times (extremely important) - Just a word of advice this will cost the dealer financially so they will try there best to put you off.
post #37 of 296 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2003, 02:09 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View Spacer's Astro Black & Black 3rd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Convertible Profile View Spacer's Classified Ads

Got my Cooper S today. Wow is all I can say. But, about the dealer, everything went fine, the car was well prepped. Slight rattle from passenger door, but it may be the door's not shut properly. Again, Wow!
post #38 of 296 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Male View minisoopercooper's Chili Red & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile

Send a message via MSN to minisoopercooper
**** Lovett - Bristol

Having read other peoples comments on **** Lovett in Bristol thought I would give my experience.

I agree with everything said - i.e good sales people etc but can add that there lead times have now been dramatically cut.

when I was first enquiring about my car the forecasted date for delivery was march 04. By the time I had finallised my re-mortgage (for extention, windows, heating as well as the mini) The time had shot forward to May/June 04!!!!!

Basically they have been selling them like hot cakes so in response BMW have now significantly increased their allocation. I ordered my cooper in early November and it is being built in the 2nd week of Jan 04 - much better!!

Having had a few disscussions with the **** Lovett team about lp mini disk options

see thread:

https://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45140

They have agreed with me that the system from new mini stuff (Mikethemini) sounds a much better and cheaper option and indeed are keen to see the finished item. They had no qualms about cancelling all the stereo options I had ordered, HK, MD head unit, 6 cd changer and radio boost.

So on the whole I have found **** Lovett great.

Paul.
post #39 of 296 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2003, 12:03 PM
MINI2 Senior

United Kingdom View johnlondonw3's Dark Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Got my MCS on Friday from Park Lane Mini London,can't fault them,the guy I dealt with was Alex,he spent 2 .5 hrs showing me over the vehicle and completing paper work,threw in model car,umbrella ,bag,cd case,chrome handbrake,GB number plate,finance team also helpful ,in the end got myself 0% (not via dealership)
Ordered car 25/9/03 due for delivery17/11/03,infact arrived 13/11/03.
I think they are the only wholly owned dealership of BMW UK so can probably get cars more quickly.

If you use them tell Alex I recommended you to him !
I would use them again
post #40 of 296 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Moderator & Sponsor

Local Time: 09:49 PM

United States

Thumbs up

I had written this long detailed message PRAISING Morristown MINI but pulled it because THEY ARE TOO GOOD!! Honestly I got sooo much from them in terms of service and "stuff" that I didn't want to put anybody's job on the line by posting all the details. But if anybody wants to know "what" exactly they did, I saved my original message intended for this thread and will PM it to anybody that wants. Public but not too public.

post #41 of 296 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2003, 09:29 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom View miniisfun's Solid Black & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile

Talking Benham MINI Wolverhampton

Hi, I recently ordered my new MINI from Benham Wolverhampton and I also have a friend who has bought 2 MINI's off them, the sales people there are Wayne and Joanne and I know when she has had a problem they have been absolutley excellent they could not be more helpful and friendley! She had a problem with her dash rattling so they picked the car up from her house dropped her off the demo MINI and delivered her MINI back to her!!!!! So far for me the service has been second to none, keep up the good work Benham!

Yaaayyyyy! MINI!
post #42 of 296 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2004, 02:03 AM
MINI2 Senior

United States Male

United-States Lauderdale Mini (Florida USA)

I have been dealing with Lauderdale Mini in Florida for well over a year now, and my family has purchased not only one, but two MCS's from them. My motoring advisor Debra Sullivan was very helpful and patient throughout the entire ordering and waiting process, always offering welcome advice. When i picked up my IB/W MCS recently the entire staff went above and beyond to make the delivery the most enjoyable car buying experience i have ever had. When i walked into the showroom my car was the first thing i saw, covered in bows (i picked it up right after christmas). Debra walked me through all the paperwork then spent well over an hour explaining all of the car's features and gladly answered any questions that i asked. Just before driving the car out of the showroom i was given a few "gifts" of my choosing from Debra and an "Engagement Gift" from the dealership as i had recently become engaged! All in all my experience at Lauderdale Mini could not have been better! I highly recommend Debra and the entire Lauderdale Mini staff, and should you stop by tell them Andrew from Orlando sent you!
post #43 of 296 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2004, 08:58 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom View holder's Dark Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlondonw3
I was ready to place an order with Park West,and part exchange my car ,they never bothered to ring me back with a price for my car so have now placed order with Park Lane.
Well, I have placed my order through Park West (Chiwick) and the sales team have been really helpful, been out for several test drives (just to make sure of course ). I assume that sales staff are keen to get the sale, will get a better picture of the service once I've I've handed over the cash!
post #44 of 296 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2004, 05:47 PM
MINI2 Senior

England View adamlondon's Dark Silver & Body Color 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Thumbs up

I am due to pick up my MCS this thursday from Park Lane Mini in London. I have been dealing with Alex there, and he has been great so far. However, I did mention that I would not be upset if he sneaked a set of rubber winter floor mats in, but it doesnt look like Im going to get much in the way of freebies. They have been very polite and helpful and I would recomend them to anyone considering buying a Mini in London.

All the best,

Adam
post #45 of 296 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Aimee

United States

Send a message via AIM to AtomicKiwi
I bought my Mini from Fairfield County Mini, which is in Stamford, Connecticut (where I live).

I have NO complaints, whatsoever. I had a great dealer, Fabrizio Reda (I hope I spelled that right), who was a really nice guy and a huge help right from the start. You can tell that he really loves Mini's!

I'll go into details... I ordered my car in June and we got it in August. When we picked it up, it was under one of the black covers, and Fabrizio first pressed the lock button on the key, and you could see the lights blink from underneath the cover. Then he lifted up the cover in the back, and said "Hello little Mini, your family has come for you" in his cute Italian accent. Then he asked me if it was a boy or a girl, and I said it was a boy. And then he pulled off the cover, exposing my brand new Mini Cooper! Then he showed me how to work everything, and gave me some red roses. It was just such a wonderful car-buying experience that I don't think I would have recieved anywhere else! I love Fairfield County Mini (and especially Fabrizio)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in