MINI Cooper Forum banner

Long lead time of 2018 Countryman PHEV???

13K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  BAILIYAT 
#1 ·
Placed a deposit to one of the San Francisco Bay Area dealerships for 2018 countryman PHEV in July and haven't received any Production number or VIN from them.
Got a call from the dealership last week and was told the longer lead time than 8 to 10 weeks because of many orders of this PHEV.
Is this normal? Anyone has the same situation?

#5 ·
The order for my PHEV was eventually placed in mid-August and I?ve been given a delivery date of 23 November. This coincides with the expiry of my current company car lease so can?t tell if I could have had it earlier but I didn?t think it was too long a wait.

I?ve specced it up fairly well so not just one they would have knocking around in stock.

#7 ·
the best upgrade anyone could have is a solar panel to charge it for free lol

#9 ·
Given up dealing with lease company and just speak directly to the dealer for any updates. Build week 46 and delivery week 49 now. Not going to grumble as I’m just being impatient.

Gives me time to work out which charging networks I’m going to sign up to though - it’s a bloody mess here in the UK by he looks of it!

#46 ·
Given up dealing with lease company and just speak directly to the dealer for any updates. Build week 46 and delivery week 49 now. Not going to grumble as I’m just being impatient.

Gives me time to work out which charging networks I’m going to sign up to though - it’s a bloody mess here in the UK by he looks of it!
When we ordered our Countryman Cooper S we were told that there were long delays for the PHEV (we're in the UK)

#14 ·
I am not really looking for fuel savings, a 1.5 petrol Mini gives better ecomomy than my Yeti. So if I never use the electirc, I think I will still be bettter off.

On the scheme I currently use the Yeti costs me £300 pm. A petrol 1.5 Mini in the same spec as the PHEV I am thinking about will cost me £420, becuase of the company car tax a PHEV will cost me £310

#18 ·
I signed my order in November, expecting delivery early/ mid- April. I have a huge spec on mine taking the price up to £39750.......... still 50% of the price of the Range Rover Sport PHEV I was going for! And apart from a full leather interior in the Sport being standard Mini is bettervspecced as standard....

#19 ·
My wife got a phone call from our dealer, Knights North Staffordshire, on Wednesday - apparently various part codes for the upgrades have changed, and everyone (?) has lost their build slot and had to be put back in again. So a hopeful delivery late March has become early May. Gutted! I don't know whether this is PHEV-specific or all "Countrymen"

#20 ·
Delays are frustrating for sure, but you will be getting the MY2019 (manufacturing from 03/18)with mini connected updated.
In my case I ordered on November’s 1st 2017. My SE probably went in production today 28/2 and will be delivered end of March. Unfortunately it will be MY2018 ::frown::
I wish I could change it to March production so i can get the updated mini connected...:crying:

#22 ·
My build slot also disappeared but the salesman was on the ball and BMW Mini UK has agreed to fix the price at rhe contract signing date in November and to cover the new VED mine will now be subject to as the price increase has taken the price of the car over the Luxury Car Tax threshold........... I also have an expedited build date now pushed back from March to early May and delivery 1st week June. Let’s see if BMW can keep their word.....

#24 ·
Finnaly got round to booking a test drive, got a short one booked today and a longer one next weekend. Might have to be quick though, I did a quote for a spec'ed up JCW Chilli pack one last week and it came in at £295 PM.
Did one yesterday for the same spec and it is now showing £345pm, lets hope they honour the saved cheaper quote (Not to hopeful)

#25 ·
Really like the car, apart from the standard sports type seats, they are too narrow for me. So are probably going to upgrade to the lounge leather black.

Current spec idea -
Cooper SE, Island blue, with black roof, black Pin spoke alloys, chilli pack, dimming rear view mirror and lounge leather black cost on my scheme £330pm

The dealer did say current lead times are 6 months.

#26 ·
The dealer did say current lead times are 6 months.
Oh , damn ... really?
Now I'm scared.

So, I placed an order for a fully spec'ed Countryman SE on Feb 12th. The car dealer gave me a delivery time of 12 weeks - far away from 6 months ...
I visited the dealer a couple days ago and he did not gave me any bad news.

Fingers crossed for mid-May delivery.

P.S.: first post on this forum ... be gentle :)

#28 ·
I also have a current car in private leasing that is due to expire in august, so I have enough time ... but the kid in me is driving me crazy with this waiting pressure.
We will see. I will definitely post here any news.

This is my toy (renders from the dealer, after I finished the configuration).

Attachments

#30 ·
You scared me so I contacted (by email) the car dealer where I placed the order few weeks back :) ...

He replied quite fast telling me that indeed, the lead times have increased due to the huge popularity of the car.
My car appears in the system as being scheduled for delivery to the end-user on June 4th-8th (meaning I should be able to pick it up then). This means 16 weeks for me, with the order placed on February 9th. This is for a car dealer located in Stockholm.

Well ... this is life, unfair, as always. But we will survive I guess :) (oh, God ... 3 more months of waiting ... grrr).

#31 ·
I ordered mine in mid-November, BMW then scrubbed all orders from the system with the price rise but my dealer is on the ball and got in quick and re-ordered for me. My build date has fallen back a little from mid-March to early April with delivery 1st week May. BUT none of that is confirmed by BMW!

#32 ·
I managed to get a 24 hour test drive of a PHEV Chilli pack. Have reset the computer, will see how it gets on after 24 hours of mixed driving. Its got the house charger with it, so may even give that a go.

I really like it, trouble is they had a JCW countryman in the show room. I quite like it, but my wife thinks it is a little too agressive looking. I can see what see means a bit, maybe at 52 I should be going for the more sensible looking one.

#33 ·
Matey at 52 you are in the prime of life, if you fancy the JCW version go for it! There were several on offer at the local dealers I use and I was very tempted as I could have had the keys within a week rather than wait the so far 6 months for a PHEV, and they looked great but at 61 and having driven TVR’s in my younger days i’ve got hairy chested performance cars out of my system and now wear my sensible flat hat!

#35 ·
I charged it up last night and had a bit of a panic when I could not remove the charger from the car. The instructions in the charging pack did not say the car had to be unlocked and they had not left the full manual in the car.
Yep .. that's the standard safety feature in order not to have to deal with a cheap thief and discover that you are missing the (too expensive) level 2 charging cable when you leave the car plugged in into a public parking.
Most EVs and PHEVs are "trapping" the charging cable when you lock the car.

#36 ·
Yep .. that's the standard safety feature in order not to have to deal with a cheap thief and discover that you are missing the (too expensive) level 2 charging cable when you leave the car plugged in into a public parking.
Most EVs and PHEVs are "trapping" the charging cable when you lock the car.
I realised that in the end, but at 23:00 at night I was started to get a bit worried. I have left a note in the charging instructions just in case someone else finds the same thing.

Got a call from the wife this morning while I was out walking the dog saying the PHEV would not unlock. Lol, she had taken my sons Cooper keys out by mistake, they even look different.

#37 ·
What I would like to know is if there is a mechanism that stops you from starting off with the car still plugged in.............. I would imagine that you could do a lot of expensive damage if you forgot to unplug from the wall socket before pulling away...... Before you all start thinking what dumb thing to forget, some of us are no longer in the 1st flush of brain power and the memory gets wayward at times.... especially if the car is parked in a dark garage where you cannot trip over the cable getting to the car.

#40 ·
Today I tried to configure a Countryman S E All4 PHEV on the configurator and get a warning that “This Model is no longer available!” In a window on my iPad............ Would be interested to know if the latest PHEV builds get the Union Jack tail lights that some other models get.... or if they can be retro-fitted. It seems Mini’s online configurator is worse than Land Rover’s (which is one of the better ones when they correct all the spec bugs in it!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.