post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2008, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Flip Paint CooperS

Local Time: 07:55 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

England Female

Road Trip 2008!!

Hello All!!

Im organising a bit or a road trip and wondered if anyone would like to join me!

The holiday is planned out as follows;

Monday 4th August 2008- Travel to Ashford and spend the night in the Travelodge. This is near Dover so we can get up and jump on the ferry in the morning. However this stay is optional depending on where you live.

Tuesday 5th August 2008- Drive to Dover and catch the ferry to Calais at 7am. Once in Calais we will drive to Dijon and spend the night there.

Wednesday 6th August 2008- Check out of hotel and travel down to South Of France. Here we will be checking into a hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is yet to be decided depending on the number of cars and people. It will be around either Monaco, Cannes or Nice.

Thursday 7th August 2008- Travel into either Monaco or Cannes depending on what people fancy.

Friday 8th August 2008- Again travel into Monaco or Cannes depending on what people feel like.

Saturday 9th August 2008- Check out of hotel and drive to the Nurburgring. Obviously we will have stops on the way for food, Toilet etc. Once near the Ring we will check into our hotel.

Sunday 10th August 2008- Go to the Nurburgring and kick some ass!! The track is open from 11am to 7:30pm. There is also a race on the same weekend so there will be some action to watch.

Monday 11th August 2008- Again, have a blast round the ring. The track is open from 1pm to 7:30pm giving us plenty of time.

Tuesday 12th August 2008- Return journey home. Drive from the Ring to Calais and catch the return ferry at 2:15pm. This means we will arrive in the Uk at 2:30pm (Our Time) then make your way home from there.

As you can see i have just put down general information. When it comes to night time entertainment i guessed we would see what we fancied on the actual night. With the day's in Monaco & Cannes i asume we would all have a run into the towns together and go from there.

If you have never been to Monaco you really dont want to miss this trip! Its car heaven!!

I have worked out a rough cost but this will vary depending on cars and people. For the hotels and Ferry it is around 300 to 400. Other costs not included are Food, Drink, Fuel (Depends how crazy you drive!), Ring Laps and Tolls. However i have decided to take a more scenic route so hopefully we wont hit many toll roads.

If you would like to just join us at the Nurburgring please let me know.

If anyone is interested or would like some more detailed information please contact me as soon as possible by either private message or to my personal e-mail [email protected]

I hope to see you soon! This is the trip of a Lifetime!!

Regards
Delly!!
Borrrrpppp!!

Last edited by Delly; Jun 17th, 2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Adding a line
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2008, 12:38 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 08:55 AM

England Male View Snowie's Thunder Blue & Silver 1st Gen MINI Cooper S JCW GP Profile

Just a note on dates

The weekend you have chosen to be at Nurburgring is actually one of the busiest weekends as it is the Old Timers Grandprix weekend.

OTGP is a fantastic event Birdcage Bugatti's through to 1980 F1 plus classic cars to die for, also MINI racing. Racing is on both GP (all weekend) and the Old circuit (Thursday and Friday).

There are thousands of spectators in all sorts of cars

I did this last year - brilliant

BUT - The Ring was a nightmare, too busy with all 3 entrance barriers plus the on circuit barrier letting people on as fast as the barriers could rise and fall. Not the ideal time for your first trip to the ring. You have spectators and race drivers all trying to do the same thing and speed differential is massive - not to mention skill level.

I may be at the OTGP with friends from Sweden - I will let you know so we could meet up.

In Italy

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Totally Mental!

Local Time: 06:55 AM

Northern Ireland Female View nylo's Space Blue & Silver 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View nylo's Classified Ads

Adele, it sounds like a brilliant trip - would have loved to have joined you on this but it's not feasible this year

Hope you have a blast, and look forward to seeing pics of the whole thing

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Clio 197 R27

United Kingdom Male View bards's Classified Ads

Id love to go on this too, but just cant afford... went to the ring a few weeks ago and had the best time!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2008, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Flip Paint CooperS

England Female

Thanks Snowie for the tips.

I know its the race weekend thats why were going that weekend. Were there on the Monday too you see so hopefully have a blast round on the Monday when its a bit quieter.

Unless i get some interest though i wont be going myself

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , , , , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in