LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 11:42 PM
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)

England Male

Adrian flux - Mods Declared - No Problem

Insured my 2005 R53 MCS in December with Adrian Flux. Rang them on Thursday to inform them about the modifications I've just fitted.

When I took it with them in December, knowing I was going to mod it a bit, they said that would not be an issue and the premium would not go up. A likely tale I thought, just to get my premium. Bit of a 'heart in mouth' moment! Did they not speak with forked tongue?

Mods declared:
Put on non-runflats
Milltek non-res exhaust cat back
Orranje Stealth Cold Air Intake (CAI)
Had full set of leather seats swapped for the half/half that were in it (just thought I'd tell them.....to avoid ANY potential wriggling "Ah your arse slipped on the leather, causing you to tosh the car, non standard seats").

It's added to my policy details - no problem, no questions, no charge. Did they NOT speak with forked tongue. Brilliant. Exactly as it said on the tin. It was as explained to me when I decided to go with them.

Well technically not WITH them, VIA them. They are a broker. They placed my policy with an underwriter who is happy with moded cars and doesn't refuse to insure you or charge you additional premium.

Incidentally, I have no expectation that the exhaust and CAI will add bhp. Not my reason for fitting them. However, once I get used to, and bored with, the improvement in driveability these mods have made, I may go for a 15% pulley upgrade. With the improved breathing now on it, that should get good benefit, add a chunk of bhp and torque.
And that won't be an insurance issue either.

Thanks for this post from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2017, 07:28 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Adrian Flux are pretty good and are widely used in the classic car circles

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2017, 07:46 PM
MINI2 Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

England Male

Garage
May give them a ring when mines due in October. LV added 28 for my non res Milltek on the R52.

My CAI was already fitted when I got the car. Who am I to know what the "standard," air intake looks like

Wonder what they say about my "trunk of funk" too?

Still I live in a small village in Hampshire where nothing exciting happens and the mini lives in the garage so premiums fairly low. Plus I'm pushing 50 so no boy racer. Well it depends who you talk too!!

Minialf
SeanC likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2017, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)

England Male

Which CAI have you got? 28 on not a lot is probably a fair percentage. Don't think Flux where the cheapest but knowing I was going to mod I went with them because I really did not want the hassle and ooh-aah-Cantona drivel you encounter with knowledgeless mainstream 'normal' companies/underwriters.

My problem was also that it is my second car so was starting a new policy from sratch. Have 9 years and 75% NC on my 'main' car. I'm an old boy racer (67, so hi youngster). On-line quote, SAGA turned me down!! There is justice left.

Flux do a neat Agreed Value add-on which I'm going to buy. Getting my car to how I want it stands me in a lot more than underwriters would pay out on a 2005 98,000 R53. It only costs an extra 28 per annum.

And for I think, if I recall, about 35 an add-on that insures you fully comp on anyone elses car (you always get the 3rd party) up to 25,000 value. I think if you need to drive other's cars that is a bargain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in