Automatic Cooper S - Page 66 - MINI Cooper Forum
First Generation CVT & Automatic First Generation MINI Automatics from 2001 - 2006

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #976 of 987 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2007, 11:04 AM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 04:18 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Female View I love MINI Laura's Royal Grey & Silver 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View I love MINI Laura's Classified Ads

Just a quick question about the MCSa. Does it have chrome pedals or not?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #977 of 987 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:09 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
Loves the Fuzzy One

Local Time: 11:18 AM
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United States Female

Send a message via AIM to AprilWhine Send a message via MSN to AprilWhine Send a message via Skype™ to AprilWhine
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love MINI, Laura View Post
Just a quick question about the MCSa. Does it have chrome pedals or not?
Yes

post #978 of 987 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2007, 01:29 PM
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Female View I love MINI Laura's Royal Grey & Silver 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View I love MINI Laura's Classified Ads

Fab thanks April! Just wondered. Viewing/test driving one tomorrow and just want to check some stuff first.

post #979 of 987 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Loves the Fuzzy One

United States Female

Send a message via AIM to AprilWhine Send a message via MSN to AprilWhine Send a message via Skype™ to AprilWhine
Laura, that's the MCSa we sold on Ebay last year. I have a lot more photos if you have any other questions.

post #980 of 987 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2007, 02:55 PM
MINI2 Master

Think most of my questions have been answered about the MCSa now.
(What the pedals look like? Chrome - Thanks April) Whats the gearstick look like? (helmet design as standard) Whats the steering wheel and paddles look like? (nice) Performance compared to the manual? (0.5-6secs slower, 3mph less in top speed, 50kg heavier) Is the tax band different? (205 tax) LSD on the Auto available or not? (Not) JCW for the auto available or not? (available))

Can't think of many more questions. Just got to ask certain questions about that actual car now (what work has it had done to it? etc.) and test drive it as never driven a MCS auto before. Read most of the reviews about the MCSa out at the time about it though so really looking forward to it now!

I like to be prepared!
post #981 of 987 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Loves the Fuzzy One

United States Female

Good luck Laura, both Fuzzy and I love the MCSa. The yellow convertible in my sig is an MCSCa, but of course the GP is manual.

post #982 of 987 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 2008, 06:31 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 12:18 PM

United States Male

Cool

It's been almost a year since I last visited this forum. So I thought I'd look around to see whats goin on in the MCSa world.

Aprilwhine, I see at HRMINI you've sold the GP. What's next?, a Clubman?

Back to automatic transmissions.

I've had my 05 MCSa since April 05. The very day I drove it home, I had to try manual shifting with the wheel mounted paddles. WOW, it worked like a charm ever since. I love it. And I've said before, I truly believe I'm shiftting faster this way then I ever could personally with a stick.

I can't forget to mention however, that there was a glitch in the program that caused the Check Engine light to come on as soon as I tried it for the first time to use this option. I returned to the dealer the very next day, which happened to be a Saturday. They put me in a similar MCSa w/o paddle shifters and proceeded to make the needed adjustments to the "Program". I got my car back the following Monday, and have not had any problems since.

In closing, it's all a matter of personal choice and driving habits. If I'm in alotta traffic, it can't be beat. If I'm out on the open road, the shiftting can be similar to manual shifting, (only quicker, IMO). If your a diehard manual shift kinda Guy or Gal, get the 6-speed manual and have at it. I'll probably see you in the customer service waiting area one day when you'll need that new clutch. Of course I'll just be there to visit with my MA.....
post #983 of 987 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Loves the Fuzzy One

United States Female

Hey, you don't get to M2 very often, do you? Yes, sold the GP and have a Clubman on order. The Clubman has the Aisen transmission, I think it will be a great improvement in the Cooper over the CVT.

post #984 of 987 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2008, 12:02 AM
M5 Extraordinare!

Local Time: 08:18 AM

United States Male View EBMCS03's Electric Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-IN-UK View Post
In closing, it's all a matter of personal choice and driving habits. If I'm in alotta traffic, it can't be beat. If I'm out on the open road, the shiftting can be similar to manual shifting, (only quicker, IMO). If your a diehard manual shift kinda Guy or Gal, get the 6-speed manual and have at it. I'll probably see you in the customer service waiting area one day when you'll need that new clutch. Of course I'll just be there to visit with my MA.....

That or we'll see you at the dealer getting a new automatic transmission. Thats much more costly than a clutch. Holding gears in a auto tranny doesnt make me feel comfortable... seems like the car is straining to keep it in gears because its not really meant to hold gears... I dunno I'm sure its fine... but hey... we have a 10 year old audi that has 144K miles on the original clutch... and my cousin has the same audi, smaller engine with 130K miles also on the original clutch... so we'll see... On the other hand... my dad had a 1992 BMW and the automatic tranny was making some funny noises at 80K miles... he traded it in.

EB/W MCS Arrived (3/26/03) Premium & Sports Package, Lapis Blue Leather, Harmon Kardon, PDC, Tint, Aux Input, X-Pel Clearbra *SOLD* 4/25/06
post #985 of 987 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2008, 12:04 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United States Male

Cool

19,000+ posts to my meager 5?????

Nope, I don't get here often enough...............compared to you.

I do a lot more reading then posting, obviously.

Anyway, good luck with the Clubman. I'll be going to CF on the 16th to see the preview for myself. I'm still not too sure if I'm gonna like it yet or not. I did get a 1:18th scale die cast car from MINI Motoring, thats pretty cool.

post #986 of 987 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2008, 12:09 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United States Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMCS03 View Post
That or we'll see you at the dealer getting a new automatic transmission. Thats much more costly than a clutch. Holding gears in a auto tranny doesnt make me feel comfortable... seems like the car is straining to keep it in gears because its not really meant to hold gears... I dunno I'm sure its fine... but hey... we have a 10 year old audi that has 144K miles on the original clutch... and my cousin has the same audi, smaller engine with 130K miles also on the original clutch... so we'll see... On the other hand... my dad had a 1992 BMW and the automatic tranny was making some funny noises at 80K miles... he traded it in.
Good point, and well taken. I'm driving a 93 Ford Ranger with 99000+ on the clock,with the original clutch, to work everyday. I also know a guy with the same truck thats working on his third clutch with 75000. A lot has to do with the drivers habits I'm sure, as well as what your doing with your ride. Just ask the AutoX guys.

Last edited by MD-IN-UK; Feb 13th, 2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling
post #987 of 987 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2008, 03:50 AM
M5 Extraordinare!

Local Time: 08:18 AM

United States Male View EBMCS03's Electric Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-IN-UK View Post
Good point, and well taken. I'm driving a 93 Ford Ranger with 99000+ on the clock,with the original clutch, to work everyday. I also know a guy with the same truck thats working on his third clutch with 75000. A lot has to do with the drivers habits I'm sure, as well as what your doing with your ride. Just ask the AutoX guys.

Ya thats true. Its how you drive it. For a normal person a auto should last longer than a manual... but in my case I think I can make a clutch last longer than the auto tranny. And I think its cheaper to replace a clutch... oh not to mention more fun. Even in traffic.

EB/W MCS Arrived (3/26/03) Premium & Sports Package, Lapis Blue Leather, Harmon Kardon, PDC, Tint, Aux Input, X-Pel Clearbra *SOLD* 4/25/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in