post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2017, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:17 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Clutch Issue

Hi everyone!
(First post fyi)
So a few days ago I went to drive my 03 Mini Cooper S (R53) and noticed that my clutch pedal easily went to the floor and it was really hard to get it into gear/shift. The pedal would come back up on its own but when I went to press it, there was very little resistance.
After doing research I've come to the conclusion there is an issue either with my slave or master cylinder, or possibly the hose.
Today, I bled the slave a little to see if I could get any air bubbles out, but there were none. And there is no leak at the slave or master...
Tomorrow my plan is to bleed the entire thing and fill with new fluid (the old fluid was old and gross) and see if that changes anything?
Right now I am thinking there is an issue within my master cylinder but I'm not sure
Has anyone had a similar issue or possibly know what is wrong?
I really appreciate any input! Thank you!
Also, keep in mind I am financially independent college student (no ma or pa to help pay) so I can't afford to take it to the shop to spend thousands on labor... aha
Thanks once again
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2017, 03:19 AM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 12:17 AM
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)

Australia Male

Garage
See if this helps. Would be advantageous if you have a 1 man pressure bleed kit.

this is the type of pressure bleed kit you would want.

SP Tools Brake And Clutch Pressure Bleeding Kit SP70809 | eBay

see if the attached pdf helps and look at Modmini's video on YouTube for bleeding a Gen 1 clutch slave

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mini-Cooper-R53-Clutch-Slave-Installation.pdf (434.0 KB, 59 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , , , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in