First Generation Faults & Fixes MINI faults and fixes 2001 - 2006

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 12:49 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2004 build mcs

Hello all, I have heard about squeeky dashboards and and airbag lights in earlier models so i decided to wait and specifically order a jan 2004 build mcs. I have heard about a 3 piece dash to fix squeeling in dash and a longer wiring loom under seat to stop airbag light coming on.

As much as i love the car i am sorry to say that the airbag light still does come on and the dash sqeeks from underneath the centre speedo. the plastic dash is rubbing with the 2 silver coloured plastic ribs on either side of the stereo. (where they meet)

I know there have been discussed before but just wanted to update for 2004 build cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2004, 09:31 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 08:49 PM

United States View CurtP's Pepper White & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View CurtP's Classified Ads

I'm not sure I follow your post. Are you saying that your '04 MCS still has squeaks and a buzzing dash? If it does, take it to your dealership to get sorted - no sense in driving around like that.

For the record, my '04 MCS is squeak free. Considerably more solid feeling than my '03 was. I have yet to have the need to take it to the dealership - it's been problem free as well. *VERY* pleased to say the least.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2004, 09:46 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 No.1

Local Time: 02:49 AM
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

England Male

Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
The new dash isn't in the current cars, not until '05 model year/convertibles will we see that.

I had a rubbing/squeeck from the downtubes touching the dash, lasted a week and never came back in 7 months.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 12:18 AM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 01:49 AM

England View adamlondon's Dark Silver & Body Color 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

My Jan '04 MCS seems to be fine after 1,500 miles. On a couple of occasions I have heard a sound like a bottle of pills being shaken from inside the drivers side door (maybe from the HK speaker install?). Occasionally when I roll down the window, and then roll it up again there is a strange streak running down the glass (and my friend has taken his 53 Cooper to the dealership to get that fixed twice now, but are still not sure of the cause...). Also, on a cold/damp day when I pull away in first gear the car makes a strange groaning sound, but it soon goes once the car is warm (someone else here had that problem so the dealer replaced their clutch, but that didnt work). I suppose the only other thing is the tapping sound from the engine, but Im not sure if thats supposed to be there or not...

All the best,

Adam
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 01:39 AM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 09:49 PM

United States

My 9/2003 build '04 MCS currently has 5,900 miles and it is solid and tight as a drum!

'02 Cooper CVT PW/B Leatherette, MFSW, 15" 8-spokes

'05 MCS CR/W Union Jack, Chrome exterior pack, Convenience Pack, H/K, Front & Rear fogs, MFSW, MINI iPod adaptor, Leatherette, Antharcite, 16" V-Spokes, ASC+T, OBC, Manual Aircon, Halogens
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:38 AM
a.k.a Handsome Rob

Local Time: 06:49 PM

United States Male View tavis1's Chili Red & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

I have a "service engine soon" light the came on then off and now back on. Passenger door speaker making a distortion sound.
Tavis1

"There can be only one"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:55 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 01:49 AM

United States View jlivengo's Dark Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

I've got a Feb '04 build with a major sunroof rattle/squeak going on. It seems to be coming from the back right corner near the sun blind. I also had an issue with the tire pressure and DSC sensors. Both lights come on after I pressure washed the wheels. I just reset it and no problems yet.

Still below the break-in at 750 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in