LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2017, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Sarah_Hobbit R50

Local Time: 02:21 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Female

Talking Retrofitting a rev counter

Hi There, I have a first Gen Mini one (02) and have just had it blue finned, upgraded its filters, plugs, coil pack, leads etc. and its certainly made a difference to the little old thing! However, whoever spec'd my car when it was first built, did not add the 'Salt' pack on the car, hence no rev counter! This is extremely annoying (especially now its quicker it would be good to have this). I have been looking into retrofitting one and just wanted to know if anyone on the forum had actually done it themselves (i.e. buying the bits and doing it yourself)

Sorry if this question has already been asked! I havnt been able to find much info at all.

Thanks in advance
Sarah

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2017, 09:15 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Sarah,

I retrofitted one to my Automatic 2003 mini one. I bought the rev counter with mount and wiring harness off of eBay for about £30. It took about an hour to install as you need to pull the speedo out etc but was not difficult. When installed you will need to have it turned on. I bought the cable and software off of eBay for about £30 (you can also run diag and do all sorts of other things like key programming and retrofitting etc).

To be honest all in all, not a difficult job if you have all the bits you need mand looks great!

Hope that helps!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2019, 05:44 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Garage
Hello! Really sorry for reopening such an old thread but I’ve recently purchased A mini One r52 2002 model and mine came without the rev counter too. I’m looking to install one and I’ve located all other parts but I’m struggling with what software I need! I’ve searched online for hours and can’t seem to find anything not on eBay either! I noticed you sad you purchased the software, you would t happen to still have it would you? Thanks in advance!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2019, 05:58 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Garage
Hello! Really sorry for reopening such an old thread but I’ve recently purchased A mini One r52 2002 model and mine came without the rev counter too. I’m looking to install one and I’ve located all other parts but I’m struggling with what software I need! I’ve searched online for hours and can’t seem to find anything not on eBay either! I noticed you sad you purchased the software, you would t happen to still have it would you? Thanks in advance!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2019, 06:00 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker_b View Post
Hi Sarah,

I retrofitted one to my Automatic 2003 mini one. I bought the rev counter with mount and wiring harness off of eBay for about £30. It took about an hour to install as you need to pull the speedo out etc but was not difficult. When installed you will need to have it turned on. I bought the cable and software off of eBay for about £30 (you can also run diag and do all sorts of other things like key programming and retrofitting etc).

To be honest all in all, not a difficult job if you have all the bits you need mand looks great!

Hope that helps!
Hello! Really sorry for reopening such an old thread but Iíve recently purchased A mini One r52 2002 model and mine came without the rev counter too. Iím looking to install one and Iíve located all other parts but Iím struggling with what software I need! Iíve searched online for hours and canít seem to find anything not on eBay either! I noticed you sad you purchased the software, you would t happen to still have it would you? Thanks in advance! PS apologies for the multiple posts, i'm new and have no idea how to delete and was meant to reply to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in