LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2018, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:31 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mini R50 BMW scanner 1.4.0

Hello Members,

Hope that this is not a re-post, but i have not found anywhere this issue mentioned.
I am the proud owner of a MINI R50 2004 1.6 petrol engine and it is a great car. I also have an BMW 3 series 2003 diesel engine and I have for it the BMW Scanner 1.4.0 diag tool. It is stated that it should work on the R50 module but this is not fully true:
-it recognizes the car (vin, engine, etc)
-i can scan partially the car but I cannot see the engine errors or code the light module and other options as door lock, speed lock, keys configured etc

As the tool is working fine on the BMW, i am asking here: have you used the BMW scanner 1.4.0 on Mini's with success? was it needed to solder pins between them (which ones)?

I would appreciate any advice given. I am also curious on what you use in order to activate/deactivate/configure other modules as NCS expert is not that user friendly for me.

best wishes to all of you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2018, 10:10 AM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel V View Post
Hello Members,

Hope that this is not a re-post, but i have not found anywhere this issue mentioned.
I am the proud owner of a MINI R50 2004 1.6 petrol engine and it is a great car. I also have an BMW 3 series 2003 diesel engine and I have for it the BMW Scanner 1.4.0 diag tool. It is stated that it should work on the R50 module but this is not fully true:
-it recognizes the car (vin, engine, etc)
-i can scan partially the car but I cannot see the engine errors or code the light module and other options as door lock, speed lock, keys configured etc

As the tool is working fine on the BMW, i am asking here: have you used the BMW scanner 1.4.0 on Mini's with success? was it needed to solder pins between them (which ones)?

I would appreciate any advice given. I am also curious on what you use in order to activate/deactivate/configure other modules as NCS expert is not that user friendly for me.

best wishes to all of you.
below link best cheapest option for car on the road near dealer level, you will thank me one day if get one really is that good for money,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-Blue...2A10:rk:9:pf:0

Gabriel V likes this.

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thank you @mike1967 , the suggestion will be taken in consideration. I was just curious if anyone attempted to use the bmw scanner 1.4.0 and succeeded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: ,

Tags
bmw scanner 1.4.0 , mini r50

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in