First generation MINI interior 2001 - 2006

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2019, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
United-Kingdom Speedo/Rev counter illumination gone after stereo change...

Hi guys,
Firstly this may have been covered else where, so if there is a solution to my question already posted, then apologies…
Just picked up a 2002 R50 Cooper, and have popped in a Sony head unit (only a basic CD, radio, USB). Had to buy the usual adaptor and everything's fitted in fine and works perfectly on the radio(not the first radio or BMW adaptor I've fitted by any means).

However.... only a day later when I went to use the car in the evening did I notice that the orange dash board illumination lights on the speedo, rev counter, and around the centre consul where the electric windows switches and heating/vent dials are, no longer work.
The check lights on the speedo for the handbrake, TPS, EML, engine light, millage etc all work, as do the illuminated red, red-line bars on the rev counter all work. It is literally the orange back lights around the numbers on the dials and the ventilation switches that are gone. Have checked fuses, and will double check tomorrow, but all seem fine and cant imagine one fuse would cover just these lights, and there's nothing else not working inside the car.

Before I start to dismantle the dash again, can anyone help with maybe a tip that I may have knocked a plug loose or had similar experience after changing the head unit around?

Thanks, in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in