LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 01:59 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

cooper s with DSC but not steering angle sensor

hi guys,

i have an issue i was looking at the steering column the other day and i realised that i dont have a SAS fitted.

does any of you know where the wiring for the SAS comes from as i dont seem to have that one either.

the car is r 53 built in July 2002

any picture of the wiring and location would be good as i think the car should have it and the previous owner might have done something strange.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 11:01 AM
knt
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Have a look on this thread

https://www.mini2.com/forum/first-ge...le-sensor.html

and

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...le-sensor.html

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

hi and thank you for the reply.

i know exactly where the SAS should be, what i need to find is the connector that i should connect the sensor.

it seems that any picture that i have seen it is not clear enough to have an idea where the connector of the loom is as i looked around and i cannot find it i don't want to think somebody did cut it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 03:10 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincopallino View Post
hi guys,

i have an issue i was looking at the steering column the other day and i realised that i dont have a SAS fitted.

does any of you know where the wiring for the SAS comes from as i dont seem to have that one either.

the car is r 53 built in July 2002

any picture of the wiring and location would be good as i think the car should have it and the previous owner might have done something strange.

TIA
below link is prob best way to show you what to look for including the plug should find the plug around where the cross member under the steering shaft is as such
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Mini-...YAAOSwSudcSIu3

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1967 View Post
below link is prob best way to show you what to look for including the plug should find the plug around where the cross member under the steering shaft is as such
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Mini-...YAAOSwSudcSIu3
thank you mike1967

i will have a look this evening if i can find the plug on or around the steering column hopefully is there if not i will need probably to figure out what todo next.

however the strangest thing is that i dont have any light on the dash.

it is puzzling me.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 08:35 AM
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 53 Post(s)

Spain Male

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

Shows where it goes but not where the socket is. Odd as you should have a couple if not three warning lights for steering angle being out/missing.

Cooper 2009, R57.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 08:43 AM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincopallino View Post
thank you mike1967

i will have a look this evening if i can find the plug on or around the steering column hopefully is there if not i will need probably to figure out what todo next.

however the strangest thing is that i dont have any light on the dash.

it is puzzling me.
the dash electronics all go back to body control module ie bcm inside car ie where the inside fuses are is more than just a fuse box, its a ecu controller and runs pretty much everything, it contains loads of circuit soldered relays among other stuff, BBA REMEN repair them and are by far the best cheapest option for keeping car as it was built as such, ie some people change all the ecu's to get around one ecu failing.
as you have a number issues all around the same area of wiring maybe a earth fault or a multiplug has got corroded somewhere, wd40 and switch cleaner and go pull them all part one at time clean and see what you find. and just hope its not a bcm fault ,
as for no lights on dash they have a earth side and [positive side to bulb with a meter can work out which way around it is and run a earth cable with a 5 amp fuse on it just to be safe in case you flash it wrong way and add a earth to the bulb wires and if get all lights come on you know its a earth problem, if dont then its a 12v supply issue..

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in