MINI Cooper Forum banner

Finally picked her up!!

6K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  S33BBY 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well after two weeks of painfull waiting I finally got to pick up my new P&J! I posted a thread on here with the specs etc so wont go into them again on here. The 88bhp diesel definatley pulls alot better than my Bro's 75bhp ONE D, however they are both miles ahead of my previous C2. Its a joy to drive and the H/K system is awesome! Thought you might like to see some pics... :D

The amp for the H/K

Hope you like her...

p.s. Mod's sorry about the size it wont let me load them onto my MINI2 gallery, and I dont know how else to do thumnails?! Please change them for me! :smile:

See less See more
#5 ·
Congratulations! Your wait is over.

So; Is the H/K as Good as you expected it to be?
The H/K is superb!! It does not go as 'loud' as I thought maybe it would if you get me, but the bass and clarity is aswesome! My Dad has a 12 speaker system in his Land Rover and the MINI's sounds just as good!!

Looks great!! Those wheels really set it off well:cool: :cool:
Thanks mate, im ded chuffed with them! Just gotta watch those kerbs!!

Looks spot on, thanks for sharing the pics, get them on the MOD photo gallery (A thread on the Diesel section) Nice setting for them as well, where is that?

Have you stopped grinning yet? I bet your Bro is jealous!;)

Enjoy.......:D :D
Ok, I'll stick them on there aswell! Its difficult to stop smilling, sad I know but hey! The pics were taken on the way back from Harrogate to where I live, its a place called Coniston Cold. (There is a Land Rover expeience centre there.)

R99.

#15 ·
Likewise, your car looks very nice from your Avatar.

Aside, How do you find the anoying chav population round the Lancaster one way system, who at night are allways trying for races ! :rolleyes: ****

#14 ·
Had a 1.4 Hdi SX.. It was a nice car for my 1st car and I had it a few months before I passed my test. But to be honest it just wasnt very inspiring, boring interior and the engine wasnt that great, the MINI is miles ahead in everyway! That coupled with a new alternator, ECU, and passenger seat frame in a matter of two months sealed the decsion to change. Dont regret it for one minute! :D

can i ask why it has the pre facelift bumpers but the post facelift headlights and front grills?
I'm glad the other guys have answered your Q because I didnt have a clue until I read their replies! Thanks chaps!

Cheers, R99.

#18 ·
luving the zip on the roof
Thanks - Im glad its there because being a ONE a different coloured roof is not technically an option.

I like that zip in the roof!

What are the differences in the engine that you have notice from your bro's?

Regards.
Well, the engine seems to pick up slightly earlier in the rev range compared to the 75bhp and it also has a little more punch in the mid range - probably because it has a bit more torque. However they are not massive differences and I still enjoy driving them both! A 13bhp difference is not all that much, but deffinatley noticeable :)

#20 ·
Yeh that sounds good! I havent made any mods to it yet! But I think the side lenses would be a good first attempt! I've seen some clear ones or some black crystal type ones. Cant decide which would look best on a black car!!!

James.

#22 ·
Yeh - I'm going to order some tommorow from newministuff.co.uk - the genuine MINI ones as they are a little cheaper than the others. One quick question - if I get them with orange bulbs are they gonna look stupid? I'm a poor student so trying to save as many pennies as poss :rolleyes:

#24 ·
Not at all. In fact, the white lenses come with orange bulbs. The bulbs with the orange lenses are actually clear, as they do not need to be orange as the lense is orange. Of course, these would be no good with the white lenses as they wouldn't flash orange, hence the reason why orange bulbs are supplied.

To be honest, the orange is hardly visible (see my gallery), but if you want it 100% white, Mike (NewMINIStuff) also sells silver bulbs that light up orange.

:)

#23 ·
While were on the subject of mods. I really really want a GTT strut brace, but would I have to inform the insurance co? I only ask as I've never made any mods before - so bear with me!

#28 ·
Yeh I'm gonna go with the orange bulbs that come with the genuine clear lenses. Think it should look cool. :)

Talking of bulbs - Made my first mod today - changed the bulbs in the headlights - used the Halfords 'super brilliance' ones as they were on offer (buy one get one free). So in theory the dipped and main beam should be greatly improved now. Will try them out when I take my bro into town later and report back! :D Anyone got these?

#29 ·
Just cheking in to say that the headlights are much better now - well worth doing if anyone is thinking about it!

Rapi - I'm going to order the clear lenses with orange bulbs for now, with E marked silver bulbs its an extra £13 - doesnt sound much, but being at University unfortuantley the difference is quite alot to me at the moment :rolleyes:
If they annoy though me I'll order some silver bulbs at a later date :smile: But they dont look too bad from the photo.

James.

#32 ·
I think you have to open the bonnet then squeeze some clips on the rear side of the side repeater unit and they just push out. But that may be the instructions (Vague) for removing the whole unit, and not just the lense, but I don't think it will be more than a 10 minute job! There are instructions somewhere, try the faq section in the forums mate

#33 ·
Hi all.

Orderd some clear lenses from newministuff.com last night - hopefully they will be waiting at home by the weekend and I can have a bash at installing them - knowing my luck it'l go all wrong but hey! I'll have a fish around later for an FAQ / How to guide on doing it. I know its only a small mod but I'm quite excitied to get them fitted.

I'll post some pics of them once its done :D

James.

#35 ·
Thanks alot :smile:

R.E the alloys, the previous owner managed to kerb one of them quite badly and scuff two others lightly on the edge of the rim and she only had the car for the first 5months of its life :aargh:. So in the summer when I'm back from Uni and slaving away in Tesco for 40 hrs a week I'll hopefully have enough cash to get them sorted! :smile: It just bugs me because I know its there kind of thing. The light scuffing is not particularly noticeable, but one of them has damage to one of the spokes and its abit deep.

James.

#36 ·
I put clear lenses on mine at the weekend, so i shall offer my assistance. Push the lense towards the back of the car, and then the lense should release from the front of the car. Then just pull the whole unit out. Then if you unclip the wires where the black connector meets the white, the lenses and bulb holder will be released, then if you turn the white bulb holder the lense should then come away, therefore allowing you to place the new bulb in. Then repeat in reverse to put back.

Hope this helps

#37 ·
Thanks alot! So am I right in thinking there is no need to do this 'from behind' so to speak. By that I mean opening the bonnet and pushing the whole thing out from the inside wings?

Many thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.