post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2019, 01:47 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesofKent View Post
That's great advice thanks Mike. I'll speak to my guy before I buy anything. I've seen gaskets up to 5-notch for sale.
its very important that the notch is correct for the machining,, as if raise the compression ratio to high will cause pre- ignition, also can cause increased piston ring blow past causing high crankcase pressures that will push oil out the oil seals etc, on diesels will cause diesel knock from pre ignition and a lot more load on the crankshaft and the gasket its self... that all said they do go so much better for a short while until the extra stress sinks in

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2019, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Ha ha, it could do with a little more ooomf but for now I'd settle for not having to top up the coolant every 2 days! 😄

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in