Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hartfield, E Sussex
Local Time: 12:52 PM
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Not an answer to your problem, but at least this will allow you to see exactly what is happening with the coolant temp. Thanks to Milpol for this one.
Display Actual Coolant Temp
1. With the key in the ignition, but in the off position, press and hold down the odometer reset button with one hand.
2. While holding the button down, switch the key in the ignition to position 1 (first click) with the other hand. The screen will have a number and the word “TEST”.
3. Scroll through the numbers by pressing the odometer rest button, through to 19 and wait a moment. (Note: the number order is: 1, 2, 10, 19)
4. The message will say 19 "L i-off", flash to "L i-on", and back to "L i-off" again. When "log i-off" appears, press the odometer rest button again.
5. You are now in the system.
6. Scroll through to 7.0 Actual coolant temp.
7. Start the engine and go for a drive and you will see the temp fluctuation as the thermostat opens and closes. Your thermostat should start to open at around 90ºC