MINI Cooper Forum banner

Advice on lowering, 20mm or 30mm?

9K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  lucachiarelli 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All :)

I've been making a fair few changes to the car recently and I'm now wanting to lower it. I've noticed MINISport have 20mm Eibach springs for £99. These seem like a good price and 20mm might be a better option considering my car has the Aero Kit, however would it be pointless only loweing by 20mm?

Baisically I just wondered if people could recommend which springs to buy, the 20mm or 30mm ones? Also are Eibach worthwhile or should I consider other options?

Finally does anyone have a rough idea on the fitting cost of springs as I have zero technical knowledge when it comes to cars.

Regards,

James.

#3 ·
Thanks Blackadder. £125 all in seems like a good price to me. :) I dont encounter many speed bumps at all really but I live out in the sticks and the country roads have lots of dips in them, so dont want to go too low. I was kind of convinced 20mm would be the best allround 'compromise'

Did you notice much of an improvement handling wise with them on, and does the car actually look much lower, stupid question I know but 2cm doesnt sound much!!

Yeh the spoiler is on now, along with a 'S' fuel cap. If you want to see some pics then head over to this thread: http://www.mini2.com/forum/photos-p...558-evoloution-my-06-mini-one-d-lot-pics.html

Regards,

James.

#6 ·
Hi James the cars looking good:nice: the springs lower the car nicely just enough, handlings slighty better still looking to improve it though strut brace and roll bars, just remember that by lowering it you can't fit a trolly jack under the car you'll have to use a scissor jack first then get a trolley jack under don't let it put you off though will finish your car off nicely.

#14 ·
mmm my dilemma too, fitted my JCW 18's and they look good but just need that 20mm or so to drop down and lose the gap. Any pics with 20mm lowering and 18's
Hears a pic mate with 30mm Eibachs on the rear! Fronts didnt fit then lol!

Sorry for the delay in replying, been at the Zoo all day :D

Thanks all for the help so far. I had all the seats occupied today and the rear looked pretty low. Would I get scrubbing with a 30mm drop and a full car? Ideally I want it to be practical as possible which is why I am still unsure about 20mm or 30mm.

Hmmmm, dillema.

James.
Ive had a full car with it lowered 30mm and on 18's with no scraping at all other than the usual speed bumps. :hmph:

#13 ·
Sorry for the delay in replying, been at the Zoo all day :D

Thanks all for the help so far. I had all the seats occupied today and the rear looked pretty low. Would I get scrubbing with a 30mm drop and a full car? Ideally I want it to be practical as possible which is why I am still unsure about 20mm or 30mm.

Hmmmm, dillema.

James.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.